• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez is Leaving MLB/Angels

8 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

My sense is that he had a rocky tenure as the MLB guy for the Angels. He wasn't enough of a "homer", and when the Angels (read Arte) did stupid things, he wouldn't gloss over it.

Arte doesnt like paying for bad press. Witness the demise of the Angels official message board. He and his henchmen were hammered unmercifully over there.

Am I wrong, or are the Angels the ONLY MLB club without an MLB sanctioned message board? That says it all.

On edit, I should add that I liked Alden's coverage of the Angels.

The message boards are owned and operated by Major League Baseball and Arte had no part of it's operation. It was shut down because they were sued by the family of a suicide victim that was bullied on the message board and they saw the same thing happening to another poster and shut it down. At least that was the scuttlebutt from a supposed inside source speaking anonymously.

7 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker said:

The message boards are owned and operated by Major League Baseball and Arte had no part of it's operation. It was shut down because they were sued by the family of a suicide victim that was bullied on the message board and they saw the same thing happening to another poster and shut it down. At least that was the scuttlebutt from a supposed inside source speaking anonymously.

My BS meter is pinging pretty loudly.

16 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

My sense is that he had a rocky tenure as the MLB guy for the Angels. He wasn't enough of a "homer", and when the Angels (read Arte) did stupid things, he wouldn't gloss over it.

Arte doesnt like paying for bad press. Witness the demise of the Angels official message board. He and his henchmen were hammered unmercifully over there.

Am I wrong, or are the Angels the ONLY MLB club without an MLB sanctioned message board? That says it all.

On edit, I should add that I liked Alden's coverage of the Angels.

I'm pretty sure MLB.com hires the beat writers, not Arte or the Angels.

But continue on with your conspiracy theory.

9 hours ago, Ace_Shoemaker said:

Lee is finally getting his revenge?