• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

70's Celebration

The 70s had great funk, jazz, and jazz-funk.

I'd say the 90s were worse for the Angels. No playoff appearances, plus the most disappointing and heart-breaking season ever: 1995. At the least they were equally bad - might as well throw in the 60s as well, although given that the team was young it wasn't as bad.

Angels decades, best to worst:

2000s

1980s

2010s

1960s

1970s

1990s

Interesting to note that as bad as the team has been recently, it is still the third best decade of six, and you could argue that due to Trout, it is better than the 80s.

Arte is pathetic. The team sucks so all we have are these shitty promotions like this one and the Christmas one. Those terrible photoshop jobs on the tv and the scoreboard are there to distract us from what's on the field. And how many unpaid millennial interns are working on this stuff? So many of these references are more appropriate to the 60s than the 70s.

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Arte is pathetic. The team sucks so all we have are these shitty promotions like this one and the Christmas one. Those terrible photoshop jobs on the tv and the scoreboard are there to distract us from what's on the field. And how many unpaid millennial interns are working on this stuff? So many of these references are more appropriate to the 60s than the 70s.

psssst EVERY team has these shitty promotions. 

like them or not, they bring people to the stadium, and when you own the business, that's kind of important. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

psssst EVERY team has these shitty promotions. 

like them or not, they bring people to the stadium, and when you own the business, that's kind of important. 

Do you really think people decide to go to an Angel game because of "70's Weekend" or "Christmas in June?" I mean, I guess people do a lot of weird shit I don't understand so maybe you're right. I don't remember too many of these promotions in recent years though.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

They did these same promotions for the past couple of years. It's like the take your dog to the stadium night in Oakland where fans bring their girlfriends and they get in free.

lmao, but I expect that shit from Oakland. I mean they run that Tarpy promo every game... covers about 30,000 seats a night!

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Do you really think people decide to go to an Angel game because of "70's Weekend" or "Christmas in June?" I mean, I guess people do a lot of weird shit I don't understand so maybe you're right. I don't remember too many of these promotions in recent years though.

yes