• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama puts the brakes on Afghanistan drawdown

I'm sure Obama has some defense contractors with some quotas to meet. 

At least Obama can be empathetic without seeming like a phony. Trump has absolutely no empathy and won't even fake it. Hillary is a complete con in that department.

4 more years!

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

It doesn't matter how long we stay there. When we finally leave, the Taliban will move in quickly and take back control of the country.

So we should just keep dumping young men and money in that area. It's been going great so far.

The same president that would be transparent,  close GITMO, end the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, eight years later have left everything as fucked up as when he started. 

But don't worry Wall Street Hillary will do what is best for you and I. 

2 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

So we should just keep dumping young men and money in that area. It's been going great so far.

I didn't say that. I believe we should have exited right after we deposed the Taliban in late 2001.

Either that, or send a half-million men in after bombing the place to smithereens, and then destroy the country and everyone in it. But of course that's politically impossible. It would take care of our Taliban problem, but piss off another billion Muslims worldwide and increase terrorism exponentially.

We're going to be stuck with this enemy for the duration. The best thing we can do is contain them.

On 7/6/2016 at 9:01 PM, fan_since79 said:

I didn't say that. I believe we should have exited right after we deposed the Taliban in late 2001.

Either that, or send a half-million men in after bombing the place to smithereens, and then destroy the country and everyone in it. But of course that's politically impossible. It would take care of our Taliban problem, but piss off another billion Muslims worldwide and increase terrorism exponentially.

We're going to be stuck with this enemy for the duration. The best thing we can do is contain them.

The lroblem with leaving in 2001 is that the goal was never the taliban to begin with, it was AQ. 

Who knows what difference it could have made, but the huge mistake we made there was losing focus and going to iraq. The taliban was contained, almost an afterthought up until about shen obama was coming into office (not blaming him, just referencing the timeline). In the years between 01 and then, we basically ignored the situation there and focused everything on iraq. Once the taliban popped their heads back up and saw how lazy (for lack of a better term) we were being about the situation, they made their move and came back.