• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Closed door meeting!!!

Jobu

In the grand scheme of things, most of these guys are being paid millions of dollars to hang out with their buddies and hit a ball with a piece of wood so its understandable to be upbeat even if your team sucks.   Its not like the checks don't clear until they break the .500 mark.  

Its always funny to me that a group of fully grown men on a baseball team can somehow be shamed or chastised into playing better in a closed door meeting.  Like, these players have busted their asses for years to get to the top of their profession but they need a slap upside the head from Sosh to think "hmm, maybe I HAVE only been giving it 90%, I should try 100%!".   It seems like something you'd see on The Office or a goofy sitcom  

35 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

In the grand scheme of things, most of these guys are being paid millions of dollars to hang out with their buddies and hit a ball with a piece of wood so its understandable to be upbeat even if your team sucks.   Its not like the checks don't clear until they break the .500 mark.  

Its always funny to me that a group of fully grown men on a baseball team can somehow be shamed or chastised into playing better in a closed door meeting.  Like, these players have busted their asses for years to get to the top of their profession but they need a slap upside the head from Sosh to think "hmm, maybe I HAVE only been giving it 90%, I should try 100%!".   It seems like something you'd see on The Office or a goofy sitcom  

have you never had a job?

it's no different.

Every manager has to have what a former boss called a "Come to Jesus meeting" every now and then. It's amazing the kind of bad habits that otherwise competent people can slip into. My last one was about a month ago, and I had to discuss things that should never need bringing up.

18 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Every manager has to have what a former boss called a "Come to Jesus meeting" every now and then. It's amazing the kind of bad habits that otherwise competent people can slip into. My last one was about a month ago, and I had to discuss things that should never need bringing up.

exactly.

also, closed door meetings are worthless.

11 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If guys are smiling and joking while we are getting hammered on the field, something is wrong. It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't become so routine.

Well, they were congratulating a player who did something good today. Maybe it was early in the game when we still had a chance to win.

Somebody did do something good today, right? I can't recall, though. Each loss just melts into the next.

The only thing the meeting should have been about is "Do what Trout is doing, and completely ignore Pujols."

Honestly. Why the entire team is not surrounding themselves with a Trout approach is laughable. The dude has an impeccable vision in what he needs to do and how to approach the game. They should be hovering over the guy all the time. It boggles my mind why the club would not feed off of him and form the team around him. Listen to how he goes up to bat, what he is looking for, and also look for guidance defensively. 

Trout is a guy that wants to win. While he is here, there is no doubt you could use him as a tool to turn the team around.

14 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

The only thing the meeting should have been about is "Do what Trout is doing, and completely ignore Pujols."

Pujols is slow afoot and overpaid with a contract that is for too many years, but throw out April and he isn't that terrible. He is hitting well over .300 that last couple of weeks and is on pace for 30+ HR and 100+ RBI.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

You can't teach the will to win, or the mental and emotional outlook it takes to play winning baseball, and it doesn't transfer by merely watching it. You have to have a deep interior desire, which many of these players seem to lack. 

No, what many of these players lack is talent. Look at Weav. He's been on winning teams and "knows how to win" and he certainly has the desire out there. None of that matters when he no longer has the talent to get the job done on the field

7 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Honestly. Why the entire team is not surrounding themselves with a Trout approach is laughable. The dude has an impeccable vision in what he needs to do and how to approach the game. They should be hovering over the guy all the time. It boggles my mind why the club would not feed off of him and form the team around him. Listen to how he goes up to bat, what he is looking for, and also look for guidance defensively. 

Trout is a guy that wants to win. While he is here, there is no doubt you could use him as a tool to turn the team around.

You're picking a pretty stupid time to make this about Albert.