• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Billy Eppler in hiding?

NrM

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm sure he waits at the mailbox every day to give the mailman shit about the Jeep he drives. Every day. 

Let's stop mixing up AJ with other posters. You know he prefers his mailmen to ride bicycles and hand out free money. 

I was happy with the Angels in Spring Training, which to me was a reflection of an organization working together.   I credited the newcomer, Eppler, with the improvement I saw.  Since then Eppler has done a lot of tinkering with the roster, presumably with a spending limit.  I'm assuming he had a good draft.

The one in hiding and the one who has disappointed me this year is Arte.  He blew off the reporters the first day in Tempe.  I don't remember hearing from him since.  I used to look forward to the occasional interview with candid answers to questions.   Makes me think he is ready to take his 1.x billion and go home.

On June 24, 2016 at 6:25 AM, California Cajun said:

I was happy with the Angels in Spring Training, which to me was a reflection of an organization working together.   I credited the newcomer, Eppler, with the improvement I saw.  Since then Eppler has done a lot of tinkering with the roster, presumably with a spending limit.  I'm assuming he had a good draft.

The one in hiding and the one who has disappointed me this year is Arte.  He blew off the reporters the first day in Tempe.  I don't remember hearing from him since.  I used to look forward to the occasional interview with candid answers to questions.   Makes me think he is ready to take his 1.x billion and go home.

Arte has no obligation to do any talking about the baseball organization.  It's a private business, not a public company.  Owners should just hire the best people possible to run baseball operations and then get out of the way.  There is absolutely nothing he can say that won't get criticized anyway.  And, in Arte's case, many of the past things he has said are inflammatory, or at least they get interpreted that way, because he isn't a polished public speaker.

Eppler in today's LA TIMES after Halos fall into LAST PLACE in the AL WEST and now appear on the verge of getting swept by Oakland -- didn't we also get swept by Houston last week -- oh well, I digress.......but in light of the Halos' fall into last place and playing something like 2-9 ball over the past week plus --- Eppler announces that the Halos and the Halos front office, essentially, has NO PLAN forward other than to say we're constantly re-evaluating and seeking to improve.

Eppler seemed to say Halos won't be sellers or buyers (hopefully not unless you consider getting some decent prospects in return for Calhoun or Street or Smith, being 'buyers).

I see the Halos floundering for a few years here - may be a good time (2017 season) to make a change in the manager's chair -- maybe promote Ron Roenecke from bench coach to Manager - which would be for this 'floundering' period of about three years -- so Roenecke would essentially be our version of Byron Scott -- called upon to coach a team that everyone knows isn't going anywhere, isn't really improving in the short term but rather floundering through a few seasons while waiting for top draft picks and other minor leagues players to develop further..........

I previously predicted 88 losses for the Halos this year - I can now see it reaching about 93.