• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

11 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The Oil can do the same exact thing though. The most enthusiastic fans in Anaheim this series have been the oil fans.

Saw a few oiler sweaters at the angel game Saturday night 

I thought the post game comments from a Getzlaf and Gibson were pretty good.  Especially Gibson.  I'm hoping he steals it for us.  He's capable of doing so.

Anyway, nothing to do but hope for the best.  Lord knows the Ducks are due to win one of these.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Okay so let's take a poll. 

Quote this with yay or nay. Who here still has blind optimism?

I don't believe thinking the Ducks will win game 7 at home is blind optimism no matter how many they have times they have lost in a row. There is a reason people still wanted home ice. 

4 hours ago, tennischmp said:

I don't believe thinking the Ducks will win game 7 at home is blind optimism no matter how many they have times they have lost in a row. There is a reason people still wanted home ice. 

Yea I agree with this.  Every year is a new opportunity of course.  Home ice is absolutely an advantage and hopefully Carlyle can leverage it.  That said, I am not confident that they will win.  Edmonton is a tough match up for us. Their big forwards are a problem for our D guys who, while mobile have proven to have difficulty with Edmonton.  I strongly felt before the playoffs started that Edmonton might be the toughest matchup the Ducks would have to deal with.  It's 50/50 tomorrow really.  We'll see which Ducks group shows up.

Bottom line are these 3 points imo.  Our transition game needs to be waaaaay stronger.  The best way to deal with the Oilers forwards is to keep the puck in their zone.  We need to move through the neutral zone much quicker and more efficiently.  We found ourselves in hopeless non dangerous places on the ice constantly last night and at other times when the Ducks have struggled in this series.  2nd we have to finally win the special teams battle.  We've lost it in every one of these games and that is a recipe for disaster.  We have limit trips to the box and we have to convert on man advantage opportunities.  Our PK really struggles against Edmonton.  It's a bad matchup.  We have to stay out of the box.  

Finally we must get great goal tending tomorrow.  Gibson is gonna get the start.  He can win it for us.  

Anyway, this is what it's all about.  It will be crushing to lose.  But man if we can move on and continue our run at a cup.  I'll be so fucking happy.  The Angels aren't gonna do much for us in the next several years at least.  All we've got is the Ducks.

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea I agree with this.  Every year is a new opportunity of course.  Home ice is absolutely an advantage and hopefully Carlyle can leverage it.  That said, I am not confident that they will win.  Edmonton is a tough match up for us. Their big forwards are a problem for our D guys who, while mobile have proven to have difficulty with Edmonton.  I strongly felt before the playoffs started that Edmonton might be the toughest matchup the Ducks would have to deal with.  It's 50/50 tomorrow really.  We'll see which Ducks group shows up.

Bottom line are these 3 points imo.  Our transition game needs to be waaaaay stronger.  The best way to deal with the Oilers forwards is to keep the puck in their zone.  We need to move through the neutral zone much quicker and more efficiently.  We found ourselves in hopeless non dangerous places on the ice constantly last night and at other times when the Ducks have struggled in this series.  2nd we have to finally win the special teams battle.  We've lost it in every one of these games and that is a recipe for disaster.  We have limit trips to the box and we have to convert on man advantage opportunities.  Our PK really struggles against Edmonton.  It's a bad matchup.  We have to stay out of the box.  

Finally we must get great goal tending tomorrow.  Gibson is gonna get the start.  He can win it for us.  

Anyway, this is what it's all about.  It will be crushing to lose.  But man if we can move on and continue our run at a cup.  I'll be so fucking happy.  The Angels aren't gonna do much for us in the next several years at least.  All we've got is the Ducks.

Yea while I may not be confident they will, they should still be favorites to win. If they come out how the did in Game 5 and capitalize on their opportunities, playing with a lead will go a long way to winning Game 7. And yea scoring on the PP's is key 

15 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Just busting balls about the blind optimism. I do wish I wasn't as pessimistic as I am. It's just easier to manage after shit hits the fan lol. Easier to eat crow than be even more disappointed than before haha.

Eaves may also be the key.  I'm sorry, but even though Perry scored that OT goal for us.  That Getzlaf line has not been the same without Eaves.  Eaves does what Perry used to do.  Strong on the puck.  Goes in the dirty places a lot.  Seems like he is everywhere on the ice.  Even when Eaves doesn't touch the puck, he's in the right places, doing the right things.  He really opens up the ice for Rakell and Getzlaf to do their thing, since the Oilers have to cover him or else he is buzzing the net all night long.  With Perry, it almost seems like Edmonton doesn't care if they cover him or not.  They know they can easily cover him when he gets the puck while he is picking daisy's in the corner somewhere.

I don't mean to sound harsh but this is Game 7, this could be the last game of the season, if you can skate, you should be in there. Yea we have had alot of injuries this playoffs but is it just because they don't want to play through them?  

7 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

I don't mean to sound harsh but this is Game 7, this could be the last game of the season, if you can skate, you should be in there. Yea we have had alot of injuries this playoffs but is it just because they don't want to play through them?  

With stories like Thornton playing with a torn ACL, Karlsson playing with 2 hairline fractures in his foot, Steen playing with a broken foot, Crosby's head pretty much mush now. It's hard not to have that mentality. I'm right there with you. I'm thinking Carlyle just doesn't want to give up even more speed to Edmonton.

I was gonna fucking rage if Thompson goes out again.  And Gotbeer is right about Eaves.  That is a really bad break for us.  Still, Edmonton has several dmen out.  It's not like the Oilers D is that great when healthy.  It's all about winning the battle in the neutral zone. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think the results of this game could be all over the place. I think early scoring will be important (More so, if Edmonton scores early). If the score is tied or in the Ducks favor after the first period, I would give them the advantage. If Edmonton is two or more goals ahead after period one, we're in big trouble, But not out of it (assuming no more than a three goal deficit) if we get the first goal of the second period.

Not exactly a bold prediction.

15 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Just busting balls about the blind optimism. I do wish I wasn't as pessimistic as I am. It's just easier to manage after shit hits the fan lol. Easier to eat crow than be even more disappointed than before haha.

I get it, but IMO no need to be pessimistic here. It's not like they are down 3-0 in a series or something. It's 1 game take all and they are playing at home against a young, inexperienced team.