• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  I'm good with losing our first round pick. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

So.  Would have Bruce shuffled the lines like Randy did?

Hopefully we get Eaves back....we're so much better with him

I don't know.  It does seem that Carlyle is a superior in game tactician. 

Honestly, i hate some of Carlyle's stuff, specifically the obsession with half board cycling.  That said, I have to eat my words a bit.  He impressed me in this series in particular.  Carlyle has done a admirable job this season

What do you guys think of the Nashville matchup ? Do we think Edmonton was a tougher matchup for us ?

Nashville is a scary team but I honestly think we match up better against them then we did against Edmonton.  The Oil presented specific challenges that were tough for the Ducks.  Great chance here for us.  I don't think we'll be heavily favored or anything though.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

What do you guys think of the Nashville matchup ? Do we think Edmonton was a tougher matchup for us ?

Nashville is a scary team but I honestly think we match up better against them then we did against Edmonton.  The Oil presented specific challenges that awerere tough for the Ducks.  Great chance here for us.  I don't think we'll be heavily favored or anything though.

dead-pikachu.jpg

I like our chances against Nashville more so than I did against Edmonton. However, Nashville is playing GREAT hockey right now.

Amazing win tonight. Kesler on McDavid's ass all night! Gibby standing tall! I thought he was going to collapse when Theodore turned it over. After that, he buckled down! Beautiful! Cogs! Ritchie! I think we only gave up one penalty tonight, right? Fuck yeah I'm so stoked right now! 8 down, 8 to go! C'mon! Let's go Ducks! Let's go Ducks! Perry looked good tonight, too! I'm so fucking hyped!

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nashville is a scary team but I honestly think we match up better against them then we did against Edmonton.  The Oil presented specific challenges that awerere tough for the Ducks.  Great chance here for us.  I don't think we'll be heavily favored or anything though.

They won't have Weber the wrecking ball knocking them around physically so they can setup in Nashville's zone a little better.

When Subban turns it over, they need to pounce on it & make the wrist shots on Rinne count.

Reasons why Oilers lost:

Lack of depth on their blue line after their Top 2D, unless ur #1 D-man is named Doughty or Keith than you shouldn't be overplaying him in overtime.

Note the Larsson mistake in game 5 that led to a overtime goal, they overplayed him & since he's not guy like Keith or Doughty that can handle it, it doesn't work.

The Ducks could send out anyone of Vatanen, Montour, Theodore etc & they kept Edmonton on their knees with their speed from the blue line & ability to move puck.

Bieksa being out was kinda a blessing in disguise.

McDavid being a virgin to NHL playoffs was also a factor too, but also alot of their other guys never seen May hockey either.

As others have said the Oilers were a bad matchup with their speed and size. Nashville doesn't have that although Rinne is better than Talbot and can really stop the dump and chase game of the Ducks with his ability to handle the puck. The Ducks really never adjusted to that last year, hopefully with a new coach they will. Biggest key is not to go down 0-2 again. 

5 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Btw I guess Gibson is great again? Oh what a difference it makes when the guys in front of you don't allow breakaways and odd man rushes and 5 on 3 power plays

Except for that weak ass goal he gave up.  Dude's regular season stats were pedestrian and so are his playoff stats.

Great to finally win a game 7.  Montour was amazing last night, he was really flying.  Boll actually played pretty well in his limited appearances, guess he is ok when he job isn't to just go out and fight someone.

Sounds like Eaves will be out for a while, not even skating yet.  Not sure about Bieksa, but honestly I don't think he would have been a good option against a super fast Edmonton team.

Always good to see Cogs score, I know I am in the minority but he is one of my favorite players, he is all over the ice throwing his body around and just grinding.  Same with Richie.  I actually think having Rakell on that third line worked really well.  Nashville is a different team, they have excellent defense but not as much scoring, might be better with more balanced scoring on the top 3 lines.

33 minutes ago, nate said:

Except for that weak ass goal he gave up.  Dude's regular season stats were pedestrian and so are his playoff stats.

But he only gave up 1 goal and had a 96% save % so he must have had an awesome game because well stats!!

btw if you want to talk stats, when is having the 4th best gaa and sv% during the regular season pedestrian?

That goal he gave up yesterday was not weak or on him, IMO. The shot was weak but he also had Theodore screening and crashing into him knocking him on his ass. 

I thought he composed himself extremely well and played great. I'll give him his props when they're due and when he has a bad game like 6, I'll criticize him. Either way though, he gives us a great chance to win nightly. 

3 hours ago, Corona said:

Anyone know the presale code for tickets?

getzlaf is the presale code

If you are looking to go to game 1 or 2 in the club or lower level the secondary market is cheaper than buying on ticketmaster.  Upper level could easily dip below TM price for game 1, game 2 will probably hold up on the secondary.