• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Hamilton Career Over?

7 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

From what I got to see when Josh played on the Angels, it was blatantly obvious almost immediately.

Not according to the usual nutswingers here.  Even after that horrendous playoff debacle, we were told that of course he cares, blah blah blah.

It seems as though some people are of the opinion that addicts shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. In Josh's instance his uninspired play as an Angel was unacceptable and I for one think Arte made the right decision to send Josh packing. It was a huge amount of money to throw away but there was no good in keeping Hamilton here. Many people called Arte classless (and worse) for his decision to rid the team of Hamilton but what has happened since Hamilton left is proof enough for me that the right decision was made.

40 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

It seems as though some people are of the opinion that addicts shouldn't be held responsible for their actions. In Josh's instance his uninspired play as an Angel was unacceptable and I for one think Arte made the right decision to send Josh packing. It was a huge amount of money to throw away but there was no good in keeping Hamilton here. Many people called Arte classless (and worse) for his decision to rid the team of Hamilton but what has happened since Hamilton left is proof enough for me that the right decision was made.

I'm ok with rehabbing legit injuries under the teams care but the rehabbing in Houston instead of being in Arizona with team doctors and his teammates was bullshit. Then dipshit Dipoto was covering it all up with the "he wouldn't be doing anything different in Houston (at some dudes house) so we're ok with him not coming to Arizona."

30 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I'm ok with rehabbing legit injuries under the teams care but the rehabbing in Houston instead of being in Arizona with team doctors and his teammates was bullshit. Then dipshit Dipoto was covering it all up with the "he wouldn't be doing anything different in Houston (at some dudes house) so we're ok with him not coming to Arizona."

Yeah, I agree. Rehabbing at some guys house without team supervision was bs. The entire situation was just bad. 

Eating Hamilton's contract was harmful to the Angel organization in many ways, but Josh had become an embarrassment to the team and the ownership that is responsible for the many people they employ.

There was excuse making about that picture.  There was excuse making about Hamilton's whole playoff series.  Its what we do.

Just to reinforce why everything that comes out of anyone connected to the Angels is pretty much bs is this story:

A day after Yunel Escobar appeared to cost the Angels a run by not knowing how many outs there were, Scioscia said on MLB Network Radio that the media had made assumptions about the play, and that Escobar just didn’t think he could get a double play. However, the Yankees broadcast of the game showed Escobar angrily slamming his glove in the dugout following the inning. ...

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The ONLY memorable moment here was the walkoff HR on AW night in 2013.

I had a four game parlay going that night.  I went to a concert in Vegas with my now wife.  We get out of the concert and I check my phone just as he hit the home run and I ended up winning over $1000 on the parlay.  That night I met and chatted with Roy Jones Jr as well.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I had a four game parlay going that night.  I went to a concert in Vegas with my now wife.  We get out of the concert and I check my phone just as he hit the home run and I ended up winning over $1000 on the parlay.  That night I met and chatted with Roy Jones Jr as well.  

Did you blow it on coke?