• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"I was a dumbass, I was straight stupid." - Barry Bonds

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

How else did ungodly HR totals get put up from 1994 into the 2000s?

That's pretty much my point.

Bonds first hit 30+ homers in 1990 (he hit 33) (in 1989 he hit 19)..in 1993 he lead the league with 46 which was the first time he hit over 40 in a season. As I said in my previous post I'm suspicious of his numbers in the 90's along with many others including Griffey Jr.

It's interesting to note that Bonds never hit 50 or even 60 homers in a season until 2001 when he hit 73! His second highest total was 49 in 2000.

Another interesting thing is that the guy that hit 762 homers in his career only led the league twice! (1993 and 2001) By contrast Ruth led the league 12 times. Ruth is also the career leader in SLG .690, OPS 1.164 and OPS+ 206!

16 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

That's pretty much my point.

Bonds first hit 30+ homers in 1990 (he hit 33) (in 1989 he hit 19)..in 1993 he lead the league with 46 which was the first time he hit over 40 in a season. As I said in my previous post I'm suspicious of his numbers in the 90's along with many others including Griffey Jr.

It's interesting to note that Bonds never hit 50 or even 60 homers in a season until 2001 when he hit 73! His second highest total was 49 in 2000.

Another interesting thing is that the guy that hit 762 homers in his career only led the league twice! (1993 and 2001) By contrast Ruth led the league 12 times. Ruth is also the career leader in SLG .690, OPS 1.164 and OPS+ 206!

If Bonds was juicing his entire career his production wouldn't be so back loaded. Most players have their best seasons between 24-30, Bonds had arguably the four best seasons OF ALL TIME at age 36, 37, 38 and 39. 

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Bonds was juicing his entire career his production wouldn't be so back loaded. Most players have their best seasons between 24-30, Bonds had arguably the four best seasons OF ALL TIME at age 36, 37, 38 and 39.

I wasn't trying to make a case that Bonds was using his entire career, I in fact didn't say or imply it. However, his numbers in the 90's are, imo suspicious just as many others are. Just because he hit 73 homers late in his career doesn't mean he wasn't juiced prior to that. Maybe he just wasn't doing PEDs to the same extent early in his career as he was later on?? Regardless, his career totals are tainted and it doesn't really matter when he started cheating the game.

My main point was that most people always claim that Bonds didn't do PEDs until later on and it's my opinion that no one really knows when he started juicing. Those people (who try to justify his inclusion in the HOF) always say Bonds was a HOFer before he took PEDs. Well, I doubt that they have any idea when Bonds actually got on the juice and I for one wouldn't be surprised to find out that he started long before most think.

On 6/1/2016 at 1:55 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Barry seems to be doing pretty well as hitting coach, 3 players have an OPS over 900 that haven't come close to that in the past, and none of them are named Giancarlo. Only one of them hit an .802 OPS before one time.

Two more have an OPS over 800.

Team wise they are ranked in the bottom third as far as runs scored go, not sure how with the big hitters they seemingly have.

Not to mention Ichiro seems to have found the fountain of youth. 

Oh and Double dumbass on you.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You guys just hate Scioscia around here, don't you? :)

Us Angel fans, who have followed the Angels from the day Autry was awarded the franchise, HATE ANYTHING DODGERS!!! 

Actually, i have no problem with Sosh as a manager. I was happy when they hired him as manager.  Just hate the Dodger org still after all these years.

Edited by greginpsca

The entire league was on something and he was pretty much unstoppable go look at his numbers. Even his last year in the league he was better than anyone in the league. Steroids is a part of every day life, and every day sports life. I don't for the life of me care who takes steroids in sports or not anymore. NBA players are bigger faster stronger than they've ever been before in the history of their game but no one thinks about PED's. Football is full of that stuff and no one could care less. Why do people care that people are using this stuff? How is steroid use beneficial to cancer patients, people going through HIV and used in medicine all around the world but to a normal human being its harmful, and this is why athletes can't do it? Because it's "illegal".

10 hours ago, Oz27 said:

162 career WAR. He has to be in the Hall of Fame.

I think it's funny that they changed the rules around HoF induction just to keep him and the other questionable late 90's superstars out. 20 or 30 years from now people will be thinking that we were crazy to keep the best hitter of all time out of the Hall because he and 3/4ths of the pitchers he was facing were on drugs.