• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Under what scenario would Pujols retire before his contract is up?

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If we all wish really hard and keep starting thread after thread maybe he'll retire.

Yes, I'm quite sure he will retire because of what this message board has to say about him.  Maybe a petition would help.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

as well he should 

I completely agree. I personally think people are insane if they think the guy is going to give back 100+ million dollars that both parties agreed to. I could maybe see him taking year 10 off, but certainly not 3-4 years like some are suggesting.

I don't blame him at all. I can honestly say that even if I had all the money Pujols has, I'd play out the rest of the contract too and set my great great great great grandchildren up for life. A lot of the blame that Pujols is going to get for playing out his contract should be directed at no one but Arte.

And this is coming from someone who hasn't had a positive thing to say about Pujols since he started playing for the Halos

13 hours ago, HaloFromVegas said:

Actually, Pujols himself has answered this question: he'll retire early if his daughter Sophia qualifies for the 2020 Olympics.

So.... GO SOPHIA!

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/pujols-could-retire-before-contract-expires-to-attend-the-olympics-mlb-cardinals-angels/1fp7whq121cxl1rel4yf0n7hyc

And 2019 would figure to be when he passes Mays into 5th place in HRs anyway.   Win-Win

I can't see him playing until 2021 with his foot problems.  They persist with or without surgery.  His surgical knee probably still hurts him as well.  It affects his hitting and running severly.

From what I can tell he's a proud man that works very hard to contribute to this team.  I don't question his effort at all.

He will probably lose his .300 lifetime average this year.  That was Mickey Mantle's biggest regret, that he finished with a lifetime .298 average.  

I think Albert will become increasingly frustrated with making outs and the limitations of his body and retire before 2021.

On 5/25/2016 at 4:24 PM, Stradling said:

What would help with that decision is to have a team where he isn't one of the better performers.  Sadly he is still one of the bigger threats in this line up.  Sure it would be easier to put better players on the team with his payroll off the books, but in the next two years the team will have about $70 million more to play with.  If the team made some smart signings and Albert is relegated to hitting 7th, then it might weigh on his decision.  

Lol Albert would gladly ride the pine with direct deposit.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What part of him playing injured makes you think that?  

Strad, like it or not, Albert is the type of person that feels that he has already earned every penny of that contract. "Have you seen my numbers"?

He's going to collect all of it and conveniently justify the need for the money for his charity. Stay tuned because there's no way out of that contract.

I got in a few lols the other day driving home.  Roger Lodge saw Pujols in spring training this year, and if you would have told him then that Pujols would be hitting sub .200 in May, based on the way Pujols was bashing in ST, Roger would have told you that you're CRAZY.