• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California's $64 Billion Train to Nowhere delayed again

In the late 1800s, it took railroad companies six years to lay 1,907 miles of track for what was to become the Transcontinental Railroad.

Building that railroad line required tunneling through mountains — at one foot a day — building bridges — including one that spanned 700 feet — and doing all the work almost entirely by hand.

As best, it will now take seven years for California to lay 119 miles of track — on relatively flat ground in the middle of nowhere.

That news came from a contract revision that the Obama administration approved late last week.

http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/californias-64-billion-bullet-train-to-nowhere-gets-delayed-again/

58 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Should be waiting and building a hyperloop instead.

Such a waste of money.

Or a desalination plant or 20, or more resevours (sp, man I am a bad speller this week).

On the bright side.  Hyperloop.  They will make a much better killing on that thing if the crazy train gets built.  And they use that technology instead on a Vegas to L.A. shot.  Nothing has been announced.  But I find it fascinating that the tests for that thing have been in Nevada.  They could do a test track from Vegas to the State Line as a better concept of longer distance, and just keep getting closer.  Vegas to Barstow.  Split there.  Vegas to Victorville to San Bernardino to Anaheim.  And Vegas to Santa Clarita to LA.  Anaheim leg could keep going to San Diego.  Man that would just kill the crazy train.  Getting to San Diego or Vegas in 30-an hour would be killer.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Or a desalination plant or 20, or more resevours (sp, man I am a bad speller this week).

On the bright side.  Hyperloop.  They will make a much better killing on that thing if the crazy train gets built.  And they use that technology instead on a Vegas to L.A. shot.  Nothing has been announced.  But I find it fascinating that the tests for that thing have been in Nevada.  They could do a test track from Vegas to the State Line as a better concept of longer distance, and just keep getting closer.  Vegas to Barstow.  Split there.  Vegas to Victorville to San Bernardino to Anaheim.  And Vegas to Santa Clarita to LA.  Anaheim leg could keep going to San Diego.  Man that would just kill the crazy train.  Getting to San Diego or Vegas in 30-an hour would be killer.

i love the PR hype over the "test" of like 100 meters. wasn't even any interesting tech, it was just magnetic linear synchronous motor.

you can walk into magic mountain and take a loop at the superman ride, or the califormia screaming at california adventure, and see the exact same thing.

magnetic linear synchronous motors are nothing new.

2 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

i love the PR hype over the "test" of like 100 meters. wasn't even any interesting tech, it was just magnetic linear synchronous motor.

you can walk into magic mountain and take a loop at the superman ride, or the califormia screaming at california adventure, and see the exact same thing.

I agree.  That's why I think a Vegas to state Line should be their next step.  It would be a test, but could be part of the future track.  And while it wouldn't be used as much.  It would still be a heck of a proof of concept.  Since it's a 50ish mile run instead of a 100 meter run.

19 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Right, the magnets themselves are nothing new. Operating the pods in a vacuum sealed environment with those motors is though.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I agree.  That's why I think a Vegas to state Line should be their next step.  It would be a test, but could be part of the future track.  And while it wouldn't be used as much.  It would still be a heck of a proof of concept.  Since it's a 50ish mile run instead of a 100 meter run.

build the crazy train from LA to las vegas and it'd be full every weekend. building it from LA to SF and i can't imagine it'll be very full at all most days.