• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lackey is, was and always will be a turd

This reminds me of the people that were so against the Bautista bat flip last year.  If Lackey doesn't want him pimping a home run then he probably should have thrown a better pitch.

Let players show off a little.  They need to remember that they play to entertain the fans.

10 minutes ago, nate said:

This reminds me of the people that were so against the Bautista bat flip last year.  If Lackey doesn't want him pimping a home run then he probably should have thrown a better pitch.

Let players show off a little.  They need to remember that they play to entertain the fans.

Meh. I don't see how a batter staring at his HR is entertaining. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Lackey has every right to be pissed and dude has the right to stare at his homer.  I just hope if  Lackey throws at him the guy chooses his right to beat the hell out of Lackey.  

More likely, everyone will exercise their right to stand around on the field and  not do anything. The bullpen will exercise their right for a jog. 

13 hours ago, shine said:

I attended that game as well as the three game series and some Angels fans thought Ian Kinsler was chirping and asking for it.  I didn't see it and was asking what happened, because I couldn't believe he got tossed after two pitches.  The Rangers swept that series, but rebounded in the next series against the Mariners, who had a good team.

I hope the Angels similarly rebound in this Mariner series tonight.

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Strictly on the baseball field I have always liked lackey. His attitude is partly why he is still pitching great nearing 40. Dude has won 2 world series game 7s. No problem with him being old school. 

Except that pitchers crying and confronting isn't old school. It's douche for douche upsmanship. 

6 hours ago, the_dude_abides said:

Agreed.  Just run the fucking bases and quit pretending you're some NFL or NBA douche.

I think Lackey's an asshole, but he's in the right on this one.

from the article:

A 24-year-old kid just broke up a perfect game being tossed by a former All-Star, and did so by launching a 450-foot monster of a home run out of Wrigley Field. It was just the fifth home run of his career and you’re pissed he happened to watch where it landed? Bethancourt wasn’t trying to show anyone up, he was watching something he may never see again and relishing the moment. He didn’t stare down Lackey or talk to him or even gesture in the veteran’s direction, he just watched. It was completely acceptable given the situation.