• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Machine Age

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

There is no way he is only 36. Great hitters can still crush the ball until 40. He has been a shell of himself for four years now, since he was supposedly just 32.

Who is this 40 year old .301 / 7hrs / 25rbi's / 1.011ops you speak of ?

Oh it's David Ortiz

Edit..........Ortiz just hit another home run.

Edited by CALZONE

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

There is no way he is only 36. Great hitters can still crush the ball until 40. He has been a shell of himself for four years now, since he was supposedly just 32.

How old would Weaver be if he were Dominican?   I'm not even trying to argue or be a wise ass -- it's just nutty how fast they both seemingly fell off from their primes.

30 minutes ago, Chuck Richter said:

I've been the biggest Pujols supporter and have stuck up for the guy since day 1. 

I feel like my patience with the guy has come to an end. I mean, I still want the guy to perform well and help the Angels win, but....My frustration with the guy is at an all-time high.

Chuck I think your Albert reaction is directly related to the performance and unfortunate fate of the entire team. We had all hoped from the beginning that Albert was going to put this organization on his back and take it to a higher level. That never happened. 

For me it's the constant drama that comes with him. His long list of injuries while telling us he's 100%, his comments about his numbers, his fight with Torii, his choosing when he can play 1st or DH depending on batting cage access, his behind the scenes shot at Dipoto, his ridiculous bat flipping while he's hitting .167, his having to hit right behind Trout, his not liking to be distracted by Trout attempting to steal a base......

I can go on and on but no player in MLB sucking as bad as Albert gets that many passes and liberties. If Albert was a low paid player not named Albert Pujols he would've been DFA'd by now. 

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Will never not be baffling to me to know that Ortiz had the longer, more productive career than Pujols.

He may have a longer career but according to career numbers Pujols has better numbers across the board. Not defending Pujols and his sucky play for the halos but its a long season, he may still turn things around, or hopefully knock 30-40 HRs. Albert may be 42 but at lest he isn't a juicer like Ortiz.

One can pray.....right?

Edited by yamsi12