• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UC Berkeley Touts $15 Minimum Wage Law, Then Fires Hundreds Of Workers After It Passes

Hey Berners - I was attacked and called a Big. Hypocritical. Pussies.  Can I please get Bernie's SJW handbook for filing a complaint?  

I assume it involves tearfully crawling into a fetal position and calling Colt a racist, but I want to be sure I'm not missing any steps. 

Thanks in advance. 

Everything is funny money. Gold isn't any different. The only reason gold holds value is because people value it. People also value fiat currency. We act like they're different but they aren't that different. If people suspect that the money supply is being inflated it loses its value. The valuation is determined by the people, just like gold standard.

I'm not big on the Federal Reserve but I'm less big on gold standard nuts. The system will always be whatever we make it. Backing our money with gold doesn't solve anything.

Edited by HaloMagic

Everything is funny money. Gold isn't any different. The only reason gold holds value is because people value it. People also value fiat currency. We act like they're different but they aren't that different. If people suspect that the money supply is being inflated it loses its value. The valuation is determined by the people, just like gold standard.

I'm not big on the Federal Reserve but I'm less big on gold standard nuts. The system will always be whatever we make it. Backing our money with gold doesn't solve anything.

I disagree. You can't print gold and it has retained an appreciated value throughout time. Currencies come and go but gold sticks around. I'm on my phone right now but there is a good chart of the life and death of reserve currencies. The US dollar is losing it's stability so we'll see how much longer it lasts as the world reserve currency.

I disagree. You can't print gold and it has retained an appreciated value throughout time. Currencies come and go but gold sticks around. I'm on my phone right now but there is a good chart of the life and death of reserve currencies. The US dollar is losing it's stability so we'll see how much longer it lasts as the world reserve currency.

The price of gold has heavy fluctuations throughout history as well. Every currency does.

LMAO at the title of the this thread. Bernie is the Left Wing version of Ron Paul.

I'm more Liberal on social issues than the average Democrat but when it comes to the Economy I swing to the Right, on foreign policy Center Right.

Bernie is insane on Economics, he's basicly the American Lenin or Trotsky.

Trump is basicly a Racist Pinochet.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

I read something in here about write-offs for banging strippers? Will my tax guy know more about this? 

Only if you meet your tax guy in a strip club.

Hmm, monkey, there is a lucrative business for you during tax season.  Just set up shop in a strip club.

I'm actually a little concerned about this new $15 minimum wage increase. In just 4 years we are going to see a 50% increase in the base salary for workers. I haven't looked this up but I'd wager a very high percentage of workers fall in the current 150%- 200% minimum wage rate ($15-20 per hour, or about $32-42k per year). Since there wouldn't seem to be a positive economic multiplier for a minimum wage increase these workers are unlikely to see 50% increases in their salaries ($22.50 - $30 per hour) over that time period. 

This increase will be paid for through inflation and depressed wages for the lower middle class. Folks on fixed incomes will be even more fuccked. This doesn't even get into the lost economic value provided by low skill workers who will likely be shut out of the job market for several years.

I'm actually a little concerned about this new $15 minimum wage increase. In just 4 years we are going to see a 50% increase in the base salary for workers. I haven't looked this up but I'd wager a very high percentage of workers fall in the current 150%- 200% minimum wage rate ($15-20 per hour, or about $32-42k per year). Since there wouldn't seem to be a positive economic multiplier for a minimum wage increase these workers are unlikely to see 50% increases in their salaries ($22.50 - $30 per hour) over that time period. 

This increase will be paid for through inflation and depressed wages for the lower middle class. Folks on fixed incomes will be even more fuccked. This doesn't even get into the lost economic value provided by low skill workers who will likely be shut out of the job market for several years.

yep, those who are pushing for this increase can't seem to see the impact this will have on everything else. 

People who go from $8 per hour to $15 per hour are going to spend the extra money they start making. That's not even a question. How is that not positive to the economy? I would be willing to bet those workers currently making 15-20 per hour would in fact see an increase.

That part is a positive for the economy, but at the expense of higher costs and inflation. Price fixing has by definition a negative impact on the economy because of the lost productivity and spending power of those priced out of the market.

What are the chances of rents going up even more than normal, essentially taking money away from min wage earners and giving them to prop owners?

Rent as a percentage of household income has been rising. In fact I believe it is at it's highest level in the nation in Los Angeles.

I imagine there are some pretty interesting theories as to why.

That part is a positive for the economy, but at the expense of higher costs and inflation. Price fixing has by definition a negative impact on the economy because of the lost productivity and spending power of those priced out of the market.

Right, but since wage growth has been stagnant for so long, this is just a way to catch up. We wouldn't have this issue if the sudden halt in wages hadn't occured. Why it has happened I don't know. What you don't realize is that prices would only have to go up a relatively small amount to cover the increased wages.

It seems to me that if wages stop going up and costs continue to increase you have a big problem on your hands.

People who go from $8 per hour to $15 per hour are going to spend the extra money they start making. That's not even a question. How is that not positive to the economy? I would be willing to bet those workers currently making 15-20 per hour would in fact see an increase.

Again, think about this really carefully.  The price of goods and services where these people work will go up which will send the cost of living higher.  Also take into account that a % of the increase is just going to the government as taxes anyway.

Wages need to be competitive and setting a floor that is absurdly high will only make it harder for these people to live.  For one thing, there will be more unemployed people because businesses will cut in order to still run a profitable business.

Finally, there is no justifiable reason that a McDonalds worker should make $15 an hour.  That is just absurd.  It is just another government welfare program that we all pay for in the end.

Maybe minimum wage earners should put less energy into protesting and complaining about everything, and more energy into working to better their lives?

Stay in school. Stay away from drugs. Don't buy a $30k car with no money to pay for it. Use birth control. Work your ass off, and do it with a smile on your face. Shave. Take the jewelry and junk out of your nose and ears. Say "yes sir." Do all that and you won't be working minimum wage for very long.

So where I work we pay well above minimum wage to start. One of our positions at INO is clean up. They, usually start their shift around 5am and some are full time and work 7 or 8 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week. If they are good and last for awhile they can get to about $15 an hour, with a monthly bonus on top of that. Frequently our clean up associates are Hispanic and they work incredibly hard. At one of my stores, they have three full time clean up associates, the one they call "the rookie" has been there 18 years, the other two have been there 26 and 28 years. Obviously this isn't the norm, but the two that have over 20 years of experience both own houses (or condos), in South Orange County, because they work their butts off, even on their days off. Today I had one clean up associate from another store at my house, doing some work for me (getting ready for my wedding at the house). He was working hard, smiling the entire time, calling me sir, even though I have told him countless times to call me Scott. He did such a good job, and I am sure partly because I took care of him financially, he will be back on Thursday to put in a few more hours and make some more money. So much of your worth and moving up is attitude, I'm not sure the left always see this.