• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

1983 vs. Today

Arch in 1983 - age 19  5' 9"   145 lbs and full head of hair past shoulder length juco student struggling to survive in an ugly recession, Angels fan bummed by playoff loss, Bronco fan thrilled with trade for Elway, dating hot 18 yr old

Arch in 2013 - age 49 5' 11" 245 lbs a little hair left trimmed with 0 setting on clipper, making good money but still struggling, Angels fan bummed by mediocre play, Bronco fan wondering how Rahim Moore can play safety with such poor depth perception. Father of hot 21 year old

Sure, we complained. Fans always do. But the constant whining and nitpicking over every tiny action of the entire organization is a 21st century thing.

technology makes it so much easier to do today. in '83, i wouldn't have known any of you unless we went to school or church together. now, it's a much different story.

also, '83 was the year i graduated from college. got a brand new toyota celica GT as my grad gift.

technology makes it so much easier to do today. in '83, i wouldn't have known any of you unless we went to school or church together. now, it's a much different story.

also, '83 was the year i graduated from college. got a brand new toyota celica GT as my grad gift.

I got an eviction notice, a blown engine, and a ride to the Air Force recruiters office.

The Top 5 songs today list is just pathetic.

That is one of the things that struck me. The top five playlist in 1983 is all stuff that I knew and enjoyed. I have heard one song off the current top five, and I don't particularly care for it. One of the main differences is that in 1983 you needed talent to succeed. Today, you need an image and a good publicist.

I was also struck by the huge decline in the number of people working in farming and fishing.