• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's time for a break

I think some of us (including myself) need to stop caring so much.  It's a shame that a sports teams can put me in a bad mood so regularly. 

I want to support them, I really do.  I love the halos.  Always have, but I can no longer justify spending time, money or mental effort on a team that really gives us nothing in return but frustration.  I am done blaming people or getting my ire up over what amounts to mass underachievement. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am still interested in what's going on, as I am a huge fan of the game in general.  Yet with any product, my patronage will depend on whether the product satisfies my needs and I think it's worth the money or effort to incorporate it into my life. 

This is why I find coaching so gratifying. I can get my own team and I can for the most part control their level of play. If they play well I know I've done my job, and if they don't I know I haven't.

Hey, I hear there may be an opening at the major league level soon. Interested?

Didn't even watch the game tonight. I'm happy the NFL Draft has sidetracked me from this team for now. 

Ditto. I saw some of the Halos beat writers on twitter providing some updates of the game....sounded like I wasn't missing much.

This team is just always so damn sluggish in April

Fan since '78 who got tired of watching uninspired baseball a few years ago. I used to attend 5 to 10 games a year driving from the IE. The last game I attended was Trout's debut. Took a lot of photos and figured it would be something I could tell my grandchildren about. Had to take the wife out to do some grocery shopping tonight and had the radio on as we made a few stops. Got out of the car and the score was 0-2. Now, 5 or 6 years ago, I would have rushed in to turn on the game knowing that even though it was a road game, there was still a very good chance of a late inning rally. I didn't even bother to turn the TV on knowing that for 3+ seasons now, there is absolutely no chance that this team can mount any sort of rally when they are behind after the 6th inning. About 10:30 went online to see how my fantasy league players did today and saw the inevitable results.

I've dealt with some personal tragedy these past few months and it put things into perspective. It pisses me off watching the Halos play less than mediocre but it no longer has a bearing on my mood or anything else for that matter. I usually attend 10-12 games a year but have decided that I won't spend my $ or time until they show they are serious about playing better. Eastern Sierra fishing opens this weekend so I'll dust off the fly rod and enjoy my time there instead.

This is why I find coaching so gratifying. I can get my own team and I can for the most part control their level of play. If they play well I know I've done my job, and if they don't I know I haven't.

Until the parents complain that their kid isn't playing or is not playing the right position or when they second guess you when your team loses.

I'm so used to all my favorite sports teams losing that I can easily weather this storm. This team just happens to be the most disappointing due to the cost of it.

^ Adding to this point, most of the teams I loved growing up had a dynasty at one point that was forgotten because the new team was winning it all. So far my mood about the Angels is this. I'm mildly happy when they win, but if they lose it really isn't that big of a deal anymore. With Red Sox winning, I definitely feel hyped,  and I feel that way even if they lose. Right now what is distracting me from caring too much is the fact that I just got into hockey. And I'm really excited to try and attend a playoff game. 

I've dealt with some personal tragedy these past few months and it put things into perspective. It pisses me off watching the Halos play less than mediocre but it no longer has a bearing on my mood or anything else for that matter. I usually attend 10-12 games a year but have decided that I won't spend my $ or time until they show they are serious about playing better. Eastern Sierra fishing opens this weekend so I'll dust off the fly rod and enjoy my time there instead.

I totally get where you're coming from. Our 13 year old lab had been have some health issues for the past couple of months and he died peacefully at home this past Monday afternoon. That has impacted our family far more than the Angels winning or losing. In the big picture, it's nothing more than entertainment and not really important.

And that was Brandon Maurer shutting the Angels down, the guy who couldn't last through 1 inning vs the Astros a few starts ago

to be fair though, since that start he's actually done well

Maurer learned pretty quickly and painfully that he wasn't in AA Jackson anymore (where he won Outstanding Pitcher of the League last season) as his first couple big league starts came without even throwing a pitch in AAA.

He has rebounded nicely though, steadily improving over his last 3 starts - should give him a little confidence boost ....

-------------

Jason A. Churchill ‏@ProspectInsider22m

Since disaster start versus HOU when so many wanted to banish Maurer to TAC: 3 GS, 19IP, 14H, 4ER, 5BB, 13K versus Rangers (2) and Angels

--------------