• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cautiously optimistic about Nava

Michifan

Nava has always been a decent hitter, though sometimes slowed by injuries.

My recollection of Joyce is that he had one decent year, fueled by one incredible first half that year.

That Nava is hitting doesn't surprise me, really.

Daniel Nava; the guy whose career could only go one way, DOWN, after his MLB debut. He hit a grand slam on the first pitch he ever saw in the bigs.

Nava has always been a decent hitter, though sometimes slowed by injuries.

My recollection of Joyce is that he had one decent year, fueled by one incredible first half that year.

That Nava is hitting doesn't surprise me, really.

Daniel Nava; the guy whose career could only go one way, DOWN, after his MLB debut. He hit a grand slam on the first pitch he ever saw in the bigs.

It was off of a Rockie pitcher, so take that with a grain of salt...

Aren't we way past due to sign a player that actually bounces back and out-produces expectations? Hopefully Nava is that dude.

I'm kind of with you here. This is one of the rules of gambling. The principle of pot odds suggests that we are due.

I don't think I can handle it if he sucks. I'm gonna lose my shit the first time AO calls him Daniel Nada

Edited by Adam

It was off of a Rockie pitcher, so take that with a grain of salt...

It wasn't off a Rockie pitcher. It was off Joe Blanton while he was pitching for the Phillies. Blanton was no slouch, at the time.

Regardless, it was off a major league pitcher, so he was considered by some front office guy, at the time, to be one of the best 500 or so pitchers on the planet.

It's only happened TWICE in the whole history of MLB, with more than a hundred years of bad pitchers throwing pitches. And it wasn't in Coors Field.

And even IF it was a bad pitcher's pitch, a batter still has to hit it. He did. Give him credit.

Edited by WeatherWonk

It wasn't off a Rockie pitcher. It was off Joe Blanton while he was pitching for the Phillies. Blanton was no slouch, at the time.

Regardless, it was off a major league pitcher, so he was considered by some front office guy, at the time, to be one of the best 500 or so pitchers on the planet.

It's only happened TWICE in the whole history of MLB, with more than a hundred years of bad pitchers throwing pitches. And it wasn't in Coors Field.

And even IF it was a bad pitcher's pitch, a batter still has to hit it. He did. Give him credit.

You're right. It was off Blanton.

Joe Blanton gave up 9 ER on 13 hits in 4 innings that game, giving him a 7.28 ERA and a 1-5 record.

So it was the same Blanton we all came to know and loathe.

Until some pitching coach got a hold of Blanton, and made him into a REAL bullpen option in 2015 (just not us).

Big deal. Everyone that pitches in the majors has major league stuff, and the difference between success and failure is a fraction of an inch with each pitch.

Big deal. Everyone that pitches in the majors has major league stuff, and the difference between success and failure is a fraction of an inch with each pitch.

Much like the difference between an insightful post and a dumb-ass post.

You're right. It was off Blanton.

Joe Blanton gave up 9 ER on 13 hits in 4 innings that game, giving him a 7.28 ERA and a 1-5 record.

So it was the same Blanton we all came to know and loathe.

Uh, except that he went 8-1, with a 3.92 ERA that season, after that game. The Angels would love to have gotten that out of him.

I know it's spring training and that he could look like Matt Joyce once the season begins, but Nava so far has been better than I feared.

Nava should be very good hitting in front of Trout!  I like him sandwiched in between Escobar and Trout.  Move him from that lineup and then you have a Matt Joyce type hitter.

In all honesty, hitting a home run on the first pitch he saw from a pitcher who gives up more than a homer every 9 innings is not a big deal. Nor is having a big spring.

If Nava continues this in the regular season, then I'm on board. I just don't place that much stock in spring stats.

good point about blanton. Going yard on him is like banging the girl at work everyone else did, too