• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels Jered Weaver takes positives from minor league outing

TEMPE, Ariz. – After his first competitive outing in 10 days, Jered Weaver reaffirmed his confidence about being in the Angels rotation on opening day.“Absolutely,” Weaver said after allowing three runs in four innings worth of work against...

View the full article

Jered Weaver’s day is done: 4 IP, 3 R, ~7 H. He exhibited the same sort of velocity the rest of the way. I saw nothing that surpassed 81 mph

https://twitter.com/pedromoura/status/711664692440145920

What positives could be taken from that. 

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

This is gonna be a disaster if this team allows him to be in the starting rotation, just going to embarrass himself. 

i agree wholeheartedly. unfortunately, it's safe to say that it's one he's going to visit upon himself. for many athletes the hubris of their success clouds their reality, it's part of what made them great in their heyday. i think pujols is another example.

i think pujols is another example.

Pujols may not be the the player he was in St. Louis, but he still had a season last year that many younger players would be happy with. The problem is he is paid $20M more than them. It's Albert's salary and the number of years he has left that make him look bad.

Pujols may not be the the player he was in St. Louis, but he still had a season last year that many younger players would be happy with. The problem is he is paid $20M more than them. It's Albert's salary and the number of years he has left that make him look bad.

you misunderstand, i'm saying in his future when it's time to retire.

Edited by ukyah

I hardly see where allowing 3 runs and 7 hits against minor leaguers while not exceeding 81 mph is an encouraging sign. For anybody. Except Gubi.

Maybe Jamie Moyer, but that's about it.

Hell, I'm guessing 69 year old Nolan Ryan can still exceed 81.

Jered's stats over the last five years:

ERA: 2.41, 2.81, 3.27, 3.59, 4.64

Average Fastball velocity: 89.2, 88, 86.8, 86.8, 84.9

So notice how he went down in steps, with a big drop off in 2015 in both ERA (over a run) and velocity (almost 2 mph). If he really is maxing out in the 81-83 change, chances are his average velocity will drop at least 2 more mph.

Before ST I was thinking he'd struggle to have an ERA below 5.00. Now I'm thinking he might struggle to have one below 6.00.

Jered's stats over the last five years:

ERA: 2.41, 2.81, 3.27, 3.59, 4.64

Average Fastball velocity: 89.2, 88, 86.8, 86.8, 84.9

So notice how he went down in steps, with a big drop off in 2015 in both ERA (over a run) and velocity (almost 2 mph). If he really is maxing out in the 81-83 change, chances are his average velocity will drop at least 2 more mph.

Before ST I was thinking he'd struggle to have an ERA below 5.00. Now I'm thinking he might struggle to have one below 6.00.

Just as point of comparison, his FIP over those years:

3.20/3.75/3.82/4.19/4.81

He's always ended up with better stats than he should have...but it finally caught up with him last year.