• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption getting a sequel

1st one was grand. As mentioned, the side stuff was more in-depth and better than the main story line. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think the story actually kind of sucked (some badass working with three morons to build a canon), but this game was the exception to the rule and was still badass. Some parts were ok, but I always wished someone else than the GTA dudes wrote the story....they use the same formula of having to work with morons, some authority figure/entity making the hero do some bullshit, then some kind of betrayal. 

That part where you cross the border and all of the sudden that Jose Gonzalez song kicks in was pretty ****ing epic.

Agreed.  Been reading about the sequel for a couple of years.  Lots of false hope.

I see the rumors that they are planning to re-release Redemption for the new consoles.  I would be down for that too, if they had the multiplayer fixed. 

For some reason, the multiplayer format felt perfect to me.  Only game I ever leveled up entirely.  Cruising around on the Zedonk, removing heads with my gold bolt action.  F those guys that broke it for us.

Yeah, it did really well and was a quality game. One of those things where I know it's coming, but don't know when. I'm sure it's been in development for some time, but a variable I'm not sure about is that GTA V has not only done better than expected, but the online community has exceeded expectation plus they have mentioned how hard it's been to implement things like heists, so their resources have been stretched....not sure if it takes away from the RDR project, but possible.

Every now and then I'll Google RDR and see any news and it's been the same rumors for a long time now. Definitely anticipated though.

Traditionally, developers set up separate teams on different aspects of a game.  For instance, BioWare has different teams working on the their core IPs versus the teams that work on content for the multi-player/co-op divided up between different studios.  So, for example, BioWare's Montreal studio is currently working on the next Mass Effect game while a separate team is working on maintaining their multi-player from Mass Effect 3, while neither robs resources from the other.  Same thing with Dragon Age and its multi-player.

My man bits are getting tingly just thinking about the possibility of another Red Dead. Hopefully it stays in the Wild West. Maybe going back in time to around the 1860s. Something like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly where they are intertwined with Civil War drama. That or the 1870s centered around the Dakotas/Montana/Wyoming where the protagonist is getting mixed up with the Sioux Wars.

• 6 months later...