• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CJ Wilson and Tyler Skaggs likely to start season on DL

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/166245892/cj-wilson-tyler-skaggs-slowed-at-camp

The Angels don't necessarily have eight starters fighting for five spots on the Opening Day rotation.

It's basically down to six now.

Tyler Skaggs, easing his way back from Tommy John surgery, and C.J. Wilson, recovering from a brief bout with shoulder tendinitis, seem likely to begin the regular season on the disabled list, though the Angels are hopeful that they can be ready at some point in April.

That's odd. I remember reading skaggs was ahead of schedule. 

Skaggs went through a regimented throwing program last season, mixing in periods of rest and recovery with his progression from catch to long-toss to throwing off a mound. A six-inning, 90-pitch simulated game in Arizona in October was a final exam of sorts.

"My arm felt great and my stuff was crisp," said Skaggs, who was acquired from Arizona before 2014. "I felt really good, honestly. I'm ready to roll. I'm really looking forward to showing them what I can do."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-tyler-skaggs-20151216-story.html

I expected him to start the year in the minors, but could be counted on if needed right away.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

I have no opinion on CJ Wilson's current physical status, but something isn't quite right with the way the Angels are handling Tyler Skaggs.

This isn't a situation where they are being cautious bringing him back after 12 months. He has rehabilitated perfectly for the past 18 months. Already very methodical.

Are the Angels using the DL to stash Skaggs? Unless they aren't releasing some information, Skaggs should be pitching on a Spring Training mound this weekend.

I have no opinion on CJ Wilson's current physical status, but something isn't quite right with the way the Angels are handling Tyler Skaggs.

This isn't a situation where they are being cautious bringing him back after 12 months. He has rehabilitated perfectly for the past 18 months. Already very methodical.

Are the Angels using the DL to stash Skaggs? Unless they aren't releasing some information, Skaggs should be pitching on a Spring Training mound this weekend.

Don't you remember the Stephen Strasburg fiasco of a few years back? If you're putting a pitcher on an innings limit then save them for the end of the season. Don't be a Rizzo-level dumbass.

Don't you remember the Stephen Strasburg fiasco of a few years back? If you're putting a pitcher on an innings limit then save them for the end of the season. Don't be a Rizzo-level dumbass.

Wasn't Harvey on a innings count last season too?  Didn't work well there either.  Then again, the commonality between Harvey and Strasburg....Boras.