• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greinke admits money was top consideration

Wallerrrr

While I understand his reasoning and that is fine, you can do whatever you want.  But as a fan, I'd kind of question who dedication to winning if he is willing to just go to any team because of money.  Not saying he doesn't try, but it just doesn't sound like he has that burning desire to want to win or be part of a winning situation.

So free agents should only sign with winning teams that what them?

that's a little questionable comment to me from greinke. get your money, i'm fine with that. however, if your number one consideration isn't winning, then i don't think i'd like to be your teammate.

people have a way of excusing a choice that they feel "guilty" about by making the decision between two choices almost ridiculous.

greinke said, " if i had to choose between 200 million or 10 million, then i'm going to take the 200 million." that's an example of deflecting the responsibility of the decision. of course he'd take the 200. there is no true decision to be made in that scenario.

however, the real decision was more likely like this (he signed for like 148 i think?), do i choose the 148 million or the 135 million? at that point, wouldn't you prefer winning be a big part of his considerations?

although, maybe he did. the dodgers are ascending and the rangers may be descending.

Obviously, if it's close, I'd want to be on a winner. If it's $200 million vs $10 million, I'd want the $200 mil. If it's a choice between $150M & $200M, I would probably lean toward the winner. If it's $180M vs $200M, there's no question.

Just curious... How old are you guys that are saying "show me the money".

Just curious... How old are you guys that are saying "show me the money".

I'm not saying "show me the money". What I'm basing my comment on is Greinke stating that he'd rather have $200 million than $10 million. Who wouldn't?

What I'm saying is that if it's close, I'd rather win.

So free agents should only sign with winning teams that what them?

No.  I'm just saying if he came to my team and he said that, then I would question is will to want to win.  It just comes off, to me anyway, that winning means nothing as long as the paycheck is coming in.  As a fan, money means nothing to us and we all want players who have that burning desire to win.

what's so exciting about watching pitchers hit ? Or is it the scintillating double-switch that gets Grienke all hot and bothered?

It's the 2 or 3 easy outs per game that keeps Mr. Precious from going over 100 pitches. Dude was competitive as hell but that's about all praise I can give him. Let's just say all the heat Scioscia took over removing Greinke during shutouts wasn't fair. #pussy

To be fair to the dude. Most guys don't get a chance to be the top free agent on the market. At the end of the day it's a job offer. Most of us normal people quit jobs to take a higher paying job. Same thing here. 

It might be better mentally to be this way. A lot of veteran guys who are hungry for a ring get restless and stop having fun playing the game. 

I love watching pitchers swing helplessly at fastballs and at best sac bunt. It makes me glad my team doesnt have to deal with it but a few games a season.

I respect Zack for coming out and saying hes all about the money. Its makes me feel a lot better that we didnt sign him. I would always prefer the guy who wants to win and money comes 2nd.

Pujols, Hamilton, and Wilson all left their old teams(really good teams, too) because of the money.

I don't think there is anything wrong with either approach, obviously Weaver taking less to stay here was neat, but I can also totally understand why a free agent would move on to the highest bidder and don't have a problem with a player doing that at all.

It's the 2 or 3 easy outs per game that keeps Mr. Precious from going over 100 pitches. Dude was competitive as hell but that's about all praise I can give him. Let's just say all the heat Scioscia took over removing Greinke during shutouts wasn't fair. #pussy

My biggest gripe about the KC game you're referring to wasn't so much taking Greinke out, but opting to put in Frieri (he struggled/racked up a huge pitch count the night before) instead of Jepsen (who was fresh and warmed up at the time).

My biggest gripe about the KC game you're referring to wasn't so much taking Greinke out, but opting to put in Frieri (he struggled/racked up a huge pitch count the night before) instead of Jepsen (who was fresh and warmed up at the time).

The fresh Jepsen had pitched in both of the previous games and it would have been his 5th time pitching in 7 days including a 24 pitch outing two nights before.  The apparently gassed Frieri had pitched twice over that same span and had thrown 30 pitches after three days of zero use..   Frieri had nine 27+ pitch outtings, including back to back nights with 30 pitches, both saves.   It took him 4 pitches to give up two HRs.  His next outing, 5 days later he gave up another bomb.

Should they have rested him for two weeks?