• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte has an answer for your critics.

After the fact.

Honestly, I seem to remember him letting that be known before he signed with the Dodgers.  The reason I remember this is because when that info came out, people on the board went off on how the Angels wouldn't get him.  I will say he could have said that after Torii signed with the Tigers because I do remember Torii signing with them pretty quickly.

Exactly. Agreed 100%.

Yes. I actually think we all agree that all we really want is a direction. You can't go all in on the big league club if you aren't willing to spend money. So if the team decided to go all in on player development we would all swallow that pill and understand that at least there is a future. Right now we just don't know what that looks like because we have no minor leaguers and no money to spend. If they are going the way of player development (which I don't believe will ever really be the case) then trade everyone not named Trout and get it started at the All Star break assuming we aren't in it.

Honestly, I seem to remember him letting that be known before he signed with the Dodgers. The reason I remember this is because when that info came out, people on the board went off on how the Angels wouldn't get him. I will say he could have said that after Torii signed with the Tigers because I do remember Torii signing with them pretty quickly.

He said in his press conference with the Dodgers that he signed with them because they offered the most money. I don't recall him saying in any interviews before that that he was seeking the best deal possible. He very well could have, I just don't remember it.

The franchise was being run like his advertising business.

No concerns about long term planning, just go for the big bang theory.

And now, no more spending whether long term farm system growth or acquisitions?

I get refraining from anymore Hackilton like contracts.

But it's like Arte's taken his ball and went home, after the Simmons trade.

What happened after that trade to change Arte? 

The Team Value @ 1.3 billion # 8 in MLB according to Forbes and they can't afford another 20 mil a year? Arte is steadily becoming the most hated owner in professional sports. 

http://www.forbes.com/teams/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/

Jesus Arte, sell the team to someone who wants to win now and kinda has an idea how.  

The Team Value @ 1.3 billion # 8 in MLB according to Forbes and they can't afford another 20 mil a year? Arte is steadily becoming the most hated owner in professional sports. 

http://www.forbes.com/teams/los-angeles-angels-of-anaheim/

Jesus Arte, sell the team to someone who wants to win now and kinda has an idea how.  

I'll take hyperbole for $2000 

While I agree saying "Arte is steadily becoming the most hated owner in professional sports" is an over-exaggeration, there is no doubt that Angel fans are becoming more unhappy with Arte every season that goes by.

I would agree with that.  I am not sure it is right but it is definitely true.

If Arte wants to spend enough money to put together a team that is consistently a winning team, but does not want to spend enough to compete for the WS and go in "debt", I personally find that to be acceptable.  It is better than what Disney and Autry did.

My only wish is if he is going to limit the team by keeping the payroll at 140-150 million, he needs to invest in the Latin and Asian markets.  Keeping the payroll at that level without investing in those foreign markets will hurt the team in the long run.

There is nothing wrong with setting a budget that consistently puts you in the top 5-10 payrolls in baseball. You just can't let that be the only thing you do to build a competitive team. On top of that you have to be smart about how you spend that money - not waste half of it.

While I agree saying "Arte is steadily becoming the most hated owner in professional sports" is an over-exaggeration, there is no doubt that Angel fans are becoming more unhappy with Arte every season that goes by.

Why because he's maxed out his payroll to underachieving players? People will line up to take pictures with Arte all spring so don't kid yourself. Angels fans don't really give a hoot about the standings. It's Orange County so it's all about seeing Mike Trout, holding a Rally Monkey and beating the traffic out of the stadium.

Edited by CALZONE

Angel fans wanted the team to act like the Yankees and Red Sox when it came to FA and wanted Home Run hitters.    Sometimes you have to consider the source.   

Honestly, I seem to remember him letting that be known before he signed with the Dodgers.  The reason I remember this is because when that info came out, people on the board went off on how the Angels wouldn't get him.  I will say he could have said that after Torii signed with the Tigers because I do remember Torii signing with them pretty quickly.

Greinke made his intentions known after he signed the Dodger contract on December 11th. From the press conference.

The new Dodgers right-hander said that he was leaning toward joining the Texas Rangers before taking the Dodgers’ offer of $147 million over six years.

“The negotiations changed,” he said.

Was it the money that put the Dodgers over the top?

Greinke smiled and said: “That’s what it comes down to at the end.”

Hunter signed with the Tigers on November 15th.