• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Writing still alive at the LA Times

yk9001

I don't see Arte as some villain because he is tight with HIS money this off season even though I don't get it. I think Josh is a piece of garbage, not because he's an addict, but because he took zero responsibility.

Actually arte took even less responsibility than Hamilton. And on top of it, he tried to reneg the contract he wrote himself

i was in total agreement with strad for a minute. josh is by far the biggest no account i've ever seen don an angel's uni, but i disagree with the notion that a fan isn't allowed to withhold his dollar and be vocally unhappy with the team.

hollywood and i are polar opposites, but i won't be going to any games this year if the team plays as i think they will, and you can be damn sure i'll still voice my opinion. call me a fair weather fan, if you wish, but i don't believe in that bs anyway. 

how else does a fan show his disapproval?

we live in california, the 8th largest economy in the world. i have zero interest in hearing a billionaire quibble over the luxury tax. i expect him to be all in. if he's not, then i'm not. you get as much out of a relationship as you put in.

Who cares? I don't. I wont be spending a dollar on the angels this year

I somewhat agree with you that Arte is at least partially responsible for the shape the team and organization is in, at it seems somewhat want to let him off the hook a bit too easily and just blame Hamilton. But the reason I care, and you should care if you like this team and want them to do well, is that his stupid moves have hamstrung the front office and led to the state we're in today.

I don't see Arte as some villain because he is tight with HIS money this off season even though I don't get it. I think Josh is a piece of garbage, not because he's an addict, but because he took zero responsibility.

And how much responsibility did Arte take? It was his decisions, more than anyone else, that have led to the team's problems today. He made Hamilton an offer he couldn't refuse, a far better one than anyone else did - we can't blame Hamilton for accepting that. We can be upset with him for being an addict and relapsing, but Arte is far from innocent in the whole affair.

the Hamilton signing never made any sense at any time.

the day he signed to the day he was released/ given away / traded and paid to play against us.

actually signing Hamilton when they did would have been OK perhaps if it were a ONE year deal laden with incentives.......ABs, Hits, Games he showed up to play..........

The less brilliant ideas, the better

Arte Moreno, this is a GM.   He/she is responsible for putting the team and farm system together.

You are an owner.   You supply the money to said GM to do said job, and butt out except to sign off on the GM's ideas.

CAPEESH????

Edited by Angel Oracle

I appreciate AO's takes when he's actually giving takes. I LOVE his memory of events and the history of the team and the sport, he's second to none on here as it relates to that. What I can do without is all the questions that ask the same thing in every thread that seem to escalate in every thread when there is zero reason for them to escalate other than he gets more and more frustrated each time HE decides to type the question.