• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Writing still alive at the LA Times

yk9001

Opening paragraph in an article talking about Steve Ballmer

Frank McCourt had a psychic on his payroll while driving the Dodgers into bankruptcy. Stan Kasten and his Chicago-based financiers agreed to a broadcasting deal that removed Vin Scully from most of our television sets. Arte Moreno signed a recovering drug addict before coming to the shocking realization that addicts are prone to relapse.

Good Stuff.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-ballmer-griffin-hernandez-20160205-story.html

Kind of dumb actually

Moreno didn't come to a shocking realization, he knew addicts are prone to relapse, which is why he tried to protect himself with language in Hamilton's contract.

Still got screwed but...

Kind of dumb actually

Moreno didn't come to a shocking realization, he knew addicts are prone to relapse, which is why he tried to protect himself with language in Hamilton's contract.

Still got screwed but...

Haha thats a funny way to justify it. So this was Arte's thinking at the time

"Ill sign Josh but im fully aware he could relapse at any moment. If that happens, ill simply trade him to any team he chooses, and ill pay most of his contract."

For a "businessman," thats a pretty stupid line of thinking. Why even take the risk if you know youre just going to get fed up and ship him off for free if he relapses, losing millions in the process? Unless of course, he wasnt aware Josh could relapse, which would explain why he signed him in the first place.

Kind of dumb actually

Still got screwed but...

Fat lot of good that did him.

I'm kinda glad arte got screwed. Not because I like Hamilton, I just think Moreno is an even bigger ahole

Fat lot of good that did him.

I'm kinda glad arte got screwed. Not because I like Hamilton, I just think Moreno is an even bigger ahole

Im not. Because at the end of the day we just end up getting screwed because now we have no Left Fielder, no money to spend, and next years free agent class sucks.  Now if Arte got screwed like Donald Sterling did and had to sell his team because of some ignorant comments he made or something, that would be great. 

Haha thats a funny way to justify it. So this was Arte's thinking at the time

"Ill sign Josh but im fully aware he could relapse at any moment. If that happens, ill simply trade him to any team he chooses, and ill pay most of his contract."

For a "businessman," thats a pretty stupid line of thinking. Why even take the risk if you know youre just going to get fed up and ship him off for free if he relapses, losing millions in the process? Unless of course, he wasnt aware Josh could relapse, which would explain why he signed him in the first place.

No that's not what Jay posted.

Kind of dumb actually

Still got screwed but...

There was no special language in the contract. lol

That was Arte being Arte.

Im not. Because at the end of the day we just end up getting screwed because now we have no Left Fielder, no money to spend, and next years free agent class sucks. Now if Arte got screwed like Donald Sterling did and had to sell his team because of some ignorant comments he made or something, that would be great.

Who cares? I don't. I wont be spending a dollar on the angels this year