• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Young QBs in the NFL

Angelsjunky

So let's fast-forward 5 years. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, and Carson Palmer, etc, will all be 40+ and likely gone. Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Philip Rivers, and Jay Cutler will be in their mid-to-late 30s starting to show their age. We don't need to be so literal, but I'm just curious who people think will be the best QBs among the younger generations. Here are the QBs still in their 20s:

Colin Kaepernick (28)

Andy Dalton (28)

Sam Bradford (28)

Matthew Stafford (27)

Russell Wilson (27)

Ryan Tannehill (27)

Tyron Taylor (26)

Cam Newton (26)

Andrew Luck (26)

Nick Foles (26)

Blaine Gabbert (26)

Brock Osweiler (25)

Derek Carr (24)

Blake Bortles (23)

Teddy Bridgewater (23)

Marcus Mariota (22)

Jameis Winston (21)

So who do you think will be the best of this group in a few years? Clearly there are some names up there that are already very good, with Cam Newton as the likely MVP this year and Russell Wilson having quite a career for himself. I was honestly surprised that Stafford is only 27 - he seems to have been around for so long. I watched Derek Carr the other day and was impressed, the same with Tyrod Taylor. The aptly named Andrew Luck just seems to have that X-factor of greatness, so he's always on the radar.

What do you think? Who is the best of that group going forward?

Kind of agree.

Newton

WIlson

I'm mixed on Luck

I think Dalton can be legit, Stafford with a good team, and part of me likes Bridgewater........but yeah, mostly garbage.

Pretty much exactly how my thought process went.  Kind of a homer when it comes to Mariota cause I hope he does well.  I think he will if he stays healthy.  Big if.

I think Luck has potential; I also think he's vastly overrated. He hasn't really taken that next step. He had a lot of hype coming out of college and justifiably so. In my opinion, he's regressed. 

I think Cam is the best young QB in the league and will continue to be. Russell Wilson is #2, IMO. I love Matthew Stafford and with protection, he's a damn good QB. If the Lions can give him a running game and a line to protect him; they'll have more seasons like last year rather than this year.

Cam

Wilson

Luck

Stafford

Carr

Dalton

Winston

Mariota 

Without question, Derek Carr will be the best NFL QB in 5 years. He will lead the SILVER AND BLACK ATTACK to multiple Super Bowl Championships over the next 10 to 15 years. On this issue there is no debate.

Hitting the eggnog early, I see.

• 2 weeks later...

People who have seen Blake Bortles play say that he has made considerable progress between last season and this one. He is fifth in the NFL in touchdown passes, even with Jacksonville's spotty offense.

Exactly, he's actually pretty good.

Robinson and Hurns are proof of it.

I wanted the Bucs to draft Mariota but Winston has made a believer out of me. The kids is for real. Youngest QB to 3K and 4K yards. Plays with remarkable poise.

i'm calling it now - he'll be out of the NFL within 20 years.