• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB recommends netting between dugouts

ABC

We had a thread about this awhile back. I agree with vladdy, whether you're paying attention or not you can be seriously injured or killed.

My seats aren't quite good enough to get murdered by a foul ball, I'm in the 200 section, but I've seen a few cases of fans being helped by the paramedics. The ball is just traveling too fast for the average person to react to. Even if a fan is fast enough and moves it could hit the person next to them that was obstructed by the person who just moved.

My suggestion would be to simply create a more transparent net, so it obstructs the view less, yet still protects.

We had a thread about this awhile back. I agree with vladdy, whether you're paying attention or not you can be seriously injured or killed.

My seats aren't quite good enough to get murdered by a foul ball, I'm in the 200 section, but I've seen a few cases of fans being helped by the paramedics. The ball is just traveling too fast for the average person to react to. Even if a fan is fast enough and moves it could hit the person next to them that was obstructed by the person who just moved.

My suggestion would be to simply create a more transparent net, so it obstructs the view less, yet still protects.

I agree with Stradling........no really I do.

I like sitting near the dugout and having an unobstructed view of the field.    

It's not dangerous. This is an overreaction to a few incidents that are shown on tv and online repeatedly.

I'm sure more people get injured walking up or down stairs in stadiums. 

How many is a few?

its a huge liability for baseball and the clubs.  Its kind of amazing that it hasn't happened already.  Its been close to 10 years or more now, but a little girl at a hockey game was struck by a puck that left the ice in either columbus or atlanta.  She ended up passing away later in the day.  The NHL had nets up in every single arena immediately.  Really, its remarkable that no one has been killed.  Those baseballs are going just as fast if not faster then that puck was and its on a line drive.  The pucks were traveling upwards.  It is dangerous, even acknowledging that the incidents are rare.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Shouldn't we be more worried about netting below the upper levels? Seems people die every year falling over railings.

Something else that needs fixing. Good call. Is it possible to have safety netting extend straight out towards the field, like something they have on aircraft carriers?

I'm more afraid of getting trampled near an escalator because some people are too stupid to not continue walking after they get off.... than I am of getting killed by a foul ball.

Bump this post if I am killed by a foul ball.

How would we know? There are like 87 Scott's on this message board.

Just extend it from the home plate side of each dugout.

Part of the experience in those seats behind the dugouts are players rolling or tossing balls to kids, and that would be taken away with longer nets.

Watch your kids when you're down there, and sit on the side that shields them from the batter.

Bats are the bigger danger, IMO.

They take more unpredictable paths into the crowd.

I used to sit closer to the action when I was younger, but my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Get OFF your damn phones and watch the game.