• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shoes in the house

m0nkey

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

my wife got me one of the roomba 980s because im such a tech / smart house whore.  unleashed it yesterday. it's f*cking awesome!

it does its thing for 2 hours at a time, then automatically goes back to it's little homebase, recharges for a bit, and then returns to where it last was and keeps going. it will keep doing this until it finishes the entire joint.

pretty sweet. i kind of want to put a gopro on it.

Be careful with that thing. My neighbors had one, and it scared the shit out of the dog....literally.  The dog shit on the carpet, and the Roomba ran over it. The shit was dragged all over the house, and smeared into every rug, carpet, and hardwood floor.

On 6/17/2016 at 9:15 PM, NJHalo said:

Be careful with that thing. My neighbors had one, and it scared the shit out of the dog....literally.  The dog shit on the carpet, and the Roomba ran over it. The shit was dragged all over the house, and smeared into every rug, carpet, and hardwood floor.

that's hilarious.

we don't have any pets or kids at this point, so i'll only need be on the lookout for times when i sh*t on the carpet.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Does it do both hardwood and carpet, and recognize both? Also, does it know to detect stairs and not go down them?

It recognizes the difference between carpet and wood/stone. I have one and when it travels over the rug in my family room I can hear it go into overdrive. My 1 year old kid has a similar reaction to NJ Halo's dog when it fires up. He wants nothing to do with it. 

It can't go up and down stairs FYI. 

Whoa, the main one is almost a G.

Guess, that means I need to buy three and see which one survives the robot wars with all them going on at the same time.

Did you do any research before you got yours? Is there a huge difference between the lower model and that one for $900?

I'm going to look into this.

As a wedding gift we received one, I think it's a 605 or something along those lines.  It's the "pet series".  It does a good job and I have tile throughout the house.  

Brandon I don't know the stairs question but mine came with an extra "sensor" that you can use and the robot will avoid going towards the sensor.  So I'm guessing if you put it by your stairs it would avoid them.  

My only suggestion is pick up barstools or kitchen chairs.  Mine has gotten caught under them and couldn't get out.  

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Whoa, the main one is almost a G.

Guess, that means I need to buy three and see which one survives the robot wars with all them going on at the same time.

Did you do any research before you got yours? Is there a huge difference between the lower model and that one for $900?

I'm going to look into this.

I looked into them because the $350 model seemed appealing but I found out that they are more for smaller apartments than a house.  The 880 and 980 have better multi-room support, better battery life and overall do a better job.

Although to me, doing a better job cleaning is not the biggest deal because I do not see them as a replacement for normal sweeping and vacuuming, just something to eliminate some dust and dirt.

• 3 years later...

We are now a no shoes house because our grand daughter lives with us.  Here’s how my wife explains it.  

We wear shoes outside in places we wouldn’t walk around barefoot.  Then we come inside and if we don’t immediately take off our shoes we are then tracking that around the house and the house we sometimes will walk around barefoot.  It seems logical to me, plus who really gives a fuck, I just keep flip flops at the front door and a pair in the laundry room for when I am going into the garage or the side yard from the garage.  

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We are now a no shoes house because our grand daughter lives with us.  Here’s how my wife explains it.  

We wear shoes outside in places we wouldn’t walk around barefoot.  Then we come inside and if we don’t immediately take off our shoes we are then tracking that around the house and the house we sometimes will walk around barefoot.  It seems logical to me, plus who really gives a F*ck, I just keep flip flops at the front door and a pair in the laundry room for when I am going into the garage or the side yard from the garage.  

You now have an Asian household. Congrats and you can now look forward to even more relatives moving in with you

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

We wear shoes outside in places we wouldn’t walk around barefoot.  Then we come inside and if we don’t immediately take off our shoes we are then tracking that around the house and the house we sometimes will walk around barefoot.  It seems logical to me, plus who really gives a fuck, I just keep flip flops at the front door and a pair in the laundry room for when I am going into the garage or the side yard from the garage.  

On 12/7/2015 at 4:44 AM, Lou said:

I take it you people don't own vaccuums, mops or brooms.

Do all of these people, who have been sitting in strange chairs/benches/seats/stools, etc. all day, have to take their pants off and sit on plastic-covered furniture, too?

are they allowed to sit on the toilet or must they hover? I guess sharing a seat with everyone else's swamp ass is better than a little dirt ending up on your floors.

damn shoeists

All your dogs drag their anus across the floor and I'm guessing you don't wipe it afterwards unless it leaves a skidmark. Also if you have little kids they're getting fecal matter on everything.

Your floors are probably dirtier than the ground outside. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

All your dogs drag their anus across the floor and I'm guessing you don't wipe it afterwards unless it leaves a skidmark. Also if you have little kids they're getting fecal matter on everything.

Your floors are probably dirtier than the ground outside. 

and I guarantee not all of them wash their hands every time they take a piss.

disgusting pigs