• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball cards

Cdaniel

I bought this card off a friend for $40.  Sold it for $300.  Wish I would have saved it for my son.  Sold it before he was even in existence.  LOL  Mine was #69 I believe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Finest-xFractor-Mike-Trout-87-299-Rookie-Auto-BGS-10-10-Pristine-MVP-/321935173077?hash=item4af4d4e5d5:g:3PMAAOSwnH1WW~9W

I remember being so angry. I bought 1987 Tops packs and I finally got a Mcgwire rookie but it was the top card and it was damaged from that chalkboard gum. 

I remember when I bought that set too....paid $40 bucks for it when I was 9. That was a lot of paper route money back then....that set is only worth $15 today and that's if its in mint condition.

I have collected since I was 6 years old (1986) and have put together a pretty nice Angels collection over the years. I have hit some duds over the years (Kotchman, Mathis, Jenks, etc) but I am completely in the black on Mr. Trout. Most of these were bought upon release or before he blew up in 2011. The most I dished out on any of these was $200 for the Finest Black Plate Auto...thought I may have overpaid at the time...

Trout1_zpshdivsbvs.jpg
trout5_zpsmmnnesy9.jpg
trout9_zps0xp4myy3.jpg
trout10_zpswatusiqa.jpg
trout3_zpspzn4mfif.jpg
trout7_zpsnxynib7i.jpg
trout6_zpsldqb59gp.jpg
trout2_zpsufv30d7x.jpg
trout15_zpsaqdhwv8v.jpg
trout16_zpsxslcmy1t.jpg
trout14_zpszhawhqjy.jpg
trout13_zpstxxvfubp.jpg
trout17_zpscy7dqgto.jpg
trout8_zpsicbf8zoo.jpg
trout11_zpsmdsvul1e.jpg
trout12_zpsr5pxien1.jpg
trout4_zps2szflpef.jpg

I have collected since I was 6 years old (1986) and have put together a pretty nice Angels collection over the years. I have hit some duds over the years (Kotchman, Mathis, Jenks, etc) but I am completely in the black on Mr. Trout. Most of these were bought upon release or before he blew up in 2011. The most I dished out on any of these was $200 for the Finest Black Plate Auto...thought I may have overpaid at the time...

Trout1_zpshdivsbvs.jpg

trout5_zpsmmnnesy9.jpg

trout9_zps0xp4myy3.jpg

trout10_zpswatusiqa.jpg

trout3_zpspzn4mfif.jpg

trout7_zpsnxynib7i.jpg

trout6_zpsldqb59gp.jpg

trout2_zpsufv30d7x.jpg

trout15_zpsaqdhwv8v.jpg

trout16_zpsxslcmy1t.jpg

trout14_zpszhawhqjy.jpg

trout13_zpstxxvfubp.jpg

trout17_zpscy7dqgto.jpg

trout8_zpsicbf8zoo.jpg

trout11_zpsmdsvul1e.jpg

trout12_zpsr5pxien1.jpg

trout4_zps2szflpef.jpg

Bro...you are riding NICE!!!!  

My biggest thrill was ripping open that bubblegum wrapper and finding which cards I had. Sure, it might have contained that third Eric Soderholm or that fourth Ron Fairly, but you never knew when you'd hit on a Reggie Jackson or Johnny Bench. I miss those days.

Ron Fairly ... now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile. My cards are still riding the spokes on my bicycle attached by clothes pins.

Trout1_zpshdivsbvs.jpg

trout5_zpsmmnnesy9.jpg

trout9_zps0xp4myy3.jpg

trout10_zpswatusiqa.jpg

trout3_zpspzn4mfif.jpg

trout7_zpsnxynib7i.jpg

trout6_zpsldqb59gp.jpg

trout2_zpsufv30d7x.jpg

trout15_zpsaqdhwv8v.jpg

trout16_zpsxslcmy1t.jpg

trout14_zpszhawhqjy.jpg

trout13_zpstxxvfubp.jpg

trout17_zpscy7dqgto.jpg

trout8_zpsicbf8zoo.jpg

trout11_zpsmdsvul1e.jpg

trout12_zpsr5pxien1.jpg

trout4_zps2szflpef.jpg

How do you get all of the jizz stains off?

I collected when I was a kid put them in plastic and held on to them thinking I'd give them to my son. He has since put them away to give them to his son some day.

Mostly old school Halos Ryan, Carew, Reggie, Fred Lynn and others Yaz, McGwire, Sosa, (Gaylord Perry & Luis Tiant) were two of the obscure guys I collected. I went out and have purchased a few through the years GriffJR and Randy Johnson etc.

I've got probably 6-7 boxes and plastic storage containers in storage.

Trout1_zpshdivsbvs.jpg

trout5_zpsmmnnesy9.jpg

trout9_zps0xp4myy3.jpg

trout10_zpswatusiqa.jpg

trout3_zpspzn4mfif.jpg

trout7_zpsnxynib7i.jpg

trout6_zpsldqb59gp.jpg

trout2_zpsufv30d7x.jpg

trout15_zpsaqdhwv8v.jpg

trout16_zpsxslcmy1t.jpg

trout14_zpszhawhqjy.jpg

trout13_zpstxxvfubp.jpg

trout17_zpscy7dqgto.jpg

trout8_zpsicbf8zoo.jpg

trout11_zpsmdsvul1e.jpg

trout12_zpsr5pxien1.jpg

trout4_zps2szflpef.jpg

How do you get all of the jizz stains off?

216658986_88dc4cad73_o.jpg