• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball cards

Cdaniel

Does anyone still collect them. My youngest has been home sick and his Papa surprised him with a Tops set. We had a lot of fun looking through the cards and getting them organized and started putting them in a binder. Must of spent a good couple hours and still not done. My back was pretty wrecked after we decided to put them down for the night. It was really cool seeing him light up seeing his favorite players. Took me back to my youth.

I hate what has happened to baseball cards. When I was a kid, a pack cost a couple dollars and had 20+ cards. Now a pack costs $23 and has 4 "high gloss" cards.

yup.  No one makes baseball cards anymore.  They only make collectable cards. 

It's just too bad no company can make a set of cards with stats and pictures of every player in each league like old times.  When you would have a series 1, and as people got traded add them to series 2, and so on.  I think Topps sets would end up with like series 7 or 8 and have over 800 cards in the set. 

But now with rights, it is not profitable to do such sets, and they go for the limited, big bucks card packs that kids and most adults can't afford. 

My biggest thrill was ripping open that bubblegum wrapper and finding which cards I had. Sure, it might have contained that third Eric Soderholm or that fourth Ron Fairly, but you never knew when you'd hit on a Reggie Jackson or Johnny Bench. I miss those days.

This! I remember saving up my money to buy upper deck in hopes to get the Ken Griffey rookie card.

One of my best memories as a kid was taking my allowance I made from chores, and walking to the corner store with my best friend to buy a pack or two of cards. We'd get back to my house and sit on the floor and decide how and who we're going to trade with.  I have two boxes worth of cards, mainly from the mid to late 80's which unfortunately I don't think are worth much right now.  Maybe next year I'll pull them down from the attic and flip through them with my kids.

One of my best memories as a kid was taking my allowance I made from chores, and walking to the corner store with my best friend to buy a pack or two of cards. We'd get back to my house and sit on the floor and decide how and who we're going to trade with. I have two boxes worth of cards, mainly from the mid to late 80's which unfortunately I don't think are worth much right now. Maybe next year I'll pull them down from the attic and flip through them with my kids.

I want to do that as well. I have probably over 20k cards and I need to get binders for them all.