• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung Galaxy S7 rumors

Redondo

their batteries are a problem for a whole lot of users. i've turned off as many things as i can, but my battery drains quickly. and i use it mainly for reading mail, Facebook, and a couple of games. start my day at 100% and it's down to 50% by bedtime after using it truly for less than 2 hours.

haven't had a decent battery since my first iPhone 4.

How much battery does your phone drain when it is not being used?

For example my phone could be at 100% in the morning and if I don't use it, by the time I go to bed it is still at 98-100%.

I just couldn't imagine having to charge my phone more than once a day while I was home. That is crazy.

Well, the G5 has an always on screen that will drain .8 % battery per hour alone, so there's that. The phone looks outstanding.

Well crap, bad timing for me. I dropped my phone last night at a work party and the screen doesn't come on now. I need a new phone (ugh, no insurance). 

I wish the S7 was out now so I could get one, but I cannot be without a phone till the new one comes out. 

nobody to borrow one from for now?

Yeah, I've considered this Nate.

Sucks, I have a Google Nexus 5 phone that's pretty much brand new that a friend gave me. Found out since he activated it with t-mobile I cannot unlock it for Sprint. 

I wonder if I can sign up for prepaid minutes/data with t-mobile on that phone for just temporary use?

Yeah, I've considered this Nate.

Sucks, I have a Google Nexus 5 phone that's pretty much brand new that a friend gave me. Found out since he activated it with t-mobile I cannot unlock it for Sprint. 

I wonder if I can sign up for prepaid minutes/data with t-mobile on that phone for just temporary use?

You can go the prepaid route temporarily.  You can get a refurbed android for $15-20 on Ebay. 

Well crap, bad timing for me. I dropped my phone last night at a work party and the screen doesn't come on now. I need a new phone (ugh, no insurance). 

I wish the S7 was out now so I could get one, but I cannot be without a phone till the new one comes out. 

Chuck:

Go to www.swappa.com.  I bought a new Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $450 a few weeks ago.

I've been out of contract for nearly a year.  So Verizon has lowered my monthly unlimited talk and text rate from $40 to $15 per month.  That's $300 savings a year not getting locked into their ridiculous 2 year agreements.

Edited by Section517

Chuck:

Go to www.swappa.com.  I bought a new Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $450 a few weeks ago.

I've been out of contract for nearly a year.  So Verizon has lowered my monthly unlimited talk and text rate from $40 to $15 per month.  That's $300 savings a year not getting locked into their ridiculous 2 year agreements.

Since Wells Fargo is giving me $600 toward the damaged phone (I have mobile devices insurance with them through my credit card) I pre-ordered the Samsung 7 at Best Buy for $680 over 24 month installments at $28 a month. The deal I got with Best Buy was sweet. In addition to the phone, I get the VR Headset, a 64 gig sd card & a $50 in store gift card that I will use toward a case once the phone arrives. 

Best Buy had Samsung reps in and they were showcasing the phone and the GEAR VR. The virtual reality mask was a trip. This also comes with $50 worth of games and movies as well for the GEAR VR. 

I found my old Samsung Galaxy 2 (Epic 4G Touch) phone that was in perfect condition and turned that one on until March 11th when the phone will be in. 

Some Galaxy S7 Highlights:

• The S7 packs a large 3,000 mAh battery while the S7 edge has an even bigger 3,600 mAh battery.
  • powered by a 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor in the United States, while Samsung’s own Exynos chipset will power the phones abroad. Both versions will feature comparable performance; Samsung says the CPU in the Galaxy S7 series is 30% faster than the chip that powered last year’s models, and the GPU is 64% faster.
  • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB of storage and IP68 dust and water resistance. (You can hold the phone underwater for 30 minutes, in 5 feet of water.
  • Supports expandable memory thanks to an included microSD card slot.
  • The 12-megapixel camera is shaping up to be the real star of the show in 2016. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 has what I believe to be the best camera overall on any phone I have tested, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus included. When it comes time to review the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, it looks like that “has” will become a “had.” Samsung put tremendous effort into improving its class-leading camera in this year’s flagship models and from the looks of things, the company knocked it out of the park. The camera on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge features an f1.7 aperture that lets in 25% more light than the one on the S6. It also has larger 1.4 micron pixels that are 56% brighter than last year’s camera. In my brief time with the phone though, the most impressive advancement is the completely redesigned autofocus mechanism. The Galaxy S6 and most other smartphones use phase detection for autofocus, but the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge use dual photodiode pixel autofocus. We don’t need to get overly technical right now, but this is a technology Canon popularized on DSLR cameras and it’s fast. Very fast. Insanely fast. I didn’t put a timer on the new camera’s autofocus, but Samsung had a demo set up during closed-door meetings last week that let attendees compare the Galaxy S7’s autofocus and low-light performance to Apple’s iPhone 6s Plus. I also conducted my own tests while using Samsung’s new phones in less controlled conditions. In both cases, the Galaxy S7 had finished focusing on its subject before the iPhone even started the autofocus process. The difference in performance was shocking, to be frank. In the real world, this should all translate to much better photos with much less noise that can be captured in a fraction of the time.
  • An always-on displays that can show things like a clock, a calendar and notifications while barely using any power. The phones also have a nifty new power-saving mode that lets you play graphics-heavy games without using up much battery. And where the batteries are concerned, Samsung’s new phones support fast wired charging (0% to 50% in 30 minutes) and even fast wireless charging, which Samsung says juices up a phone faster than some competitors’ wired chargers.

• Also announced alongside the new phones is an accessory Samsung is calling the Gear 360. This tiny camera is capable of taking 360-degree photos and videos, and it connects to Galaxy phones where people can process them to create user-generated VR content that is sharable or viewable with a Gear VR headset accessory.

Here's more:http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/21/technology/samsung-s7/

Best Buy just called me to tell me the S7 is ready to be picked up. The release date was supposed to be this Friday, so I'm pleased it much earlier. My S2 kept shutting down and was really in shitty shape internally. Externally looked like a new phone. 

Time to cough cough, get sick and go home. :)

Picked up my S7 yesterday. 

The phone is incredible.

Amazing photos and video (HD quality), both really producing quality in low light situations. Cannot wait to try the Occulus Gear VR thing tonight. This one came with a 64 gig SD card too so I have nearly 100 gigs of space on this bad boy out of the box.

Very fast, good battery life, beautiful display, fits in your hand well since it's curved a bit and I did the water test already and it worked after getting dunked in water after 10 minutes. Just do not charge it for a couple hours. 

Hey Chuck, if you don't mind me asking are you on a plan and were due for an upgrade/new phone?  Just wondering what this phone costs if you are renewing a 2 yr deal.

I'm on a shared family plan since I have my wife and two girls on the same plan so I'm not on a two year locked in deal where I can utilize the upgrades. I went the way of monthly installments at $27 a month for 24 mos. The phone cost $699.