• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Starlin Castro

Cdaniel

I have no idea what to think of the guy. 

On one hand, he's a 25 year old middle infielder who has shown elite ability at times to make contact and hit for some gap to gap power. In 4/6 seasons in the majors, he's been an above average hitter for a SS. He's also on a pretty fair deal considering his age and potential.

But then you see that in 2 of the last 3 seasons, he's been a replacement level player. He's never defended well at SS, he doesn't take walks, he doesn't hit for a ton of power and he's been known to make a lot of mental mistakes. 

I wouldn't go crazy to try to acquire the guy but I do think he can be a 2-3 WAR player at 2B moving forward. I do worry about him being a bad player 2 of the last 3 years but he still provides a lot of quality aspects and he's owed 37 million dollars through the next 4 years. That's no bargain if he plays like he did in '13 and '15 but there's enough of a track record where he may be an interesting guy to take a chance on. I personally would pass unless the Angels don't have to give up a ton to acquire him. 

Supposedly the Yankees and Cubs have discussed Castro for Brett Gardner.

I'm having a stupid idea.

How about a three-team deal between The Angels, Cubs, and Yankees.

Yankees get: Starlin Castro, Hector Santiago, Victor Alcantara

Cubs get: Bret Gardner, Trevor Gott, Nat Delgado

Angels get: Kyle Schwarber, Rob Refsnyder, Justin Wilson

Angels actually save payroll while filling LF and 2B.

They then have money to sign a top of the line starter and a reliever and still remain under the cap.

I'm a jeenyuss.

I'm having a stupid idea.

How about a three-team deal between The Angels, Cubs, and Yankees.

Yankees get: Starlin Castro, Hector Santiago, Victor Alcantara

Cubs get: Bret Gardner, Trevor Gott, Nat Delgado

Angels get: Kyle Schwarber, Rob Refsnyder, Justin Wilson

Angels actually save payroll while filling LF and 2B.

They then have money to sign a top of the line starter and a reliever and still remain under the cap.

I'm a jeenyuss.

That's a horrible trade for the cubs.  

This is getting old. Threads get frozen/deleted for "personal attacks", but this is how a mod replies to a simple opinion? Bullshit. 

If I missed an inside joke here, my bad. But I doubt it. 

Half the trolling and

personal attacks

come from the current and former mods.

This even after the

New AW-World Order was

decreed a

few years back.

After starting sh!t

they flash their

plastic badge

while riding

on their high horse and

holding elementary school

grudges.

Just wait until you start getting silly PMs from some of them.

A mod's job is to

elevate

the board atmosphere

based

on the goals of the site. If

you 

can't

handle the responsibility then

turn in your...

165.jpg

What about a 3 way including the Reds where they could flip Phillips for Castro with us sending Santiago to the Cubs for Phillips? It might not work straight up but it could be a starting point. I feel like a 2 year commitment for a former all star in search of a ring might be a good bridge while we find out if Baldoquin or Yarbrough ever make the grade.

What about a 3 way including the Reds where they could flip Phillips for Castro with us sending Santiago to the Cubs for Phillips? It might not work straight up but it could be a starting point. I feel like a 2 year commitment for a former all star in search of a ring might be a good bridge while we find out if Baldoquin or Yarbrough ever make the grade.

Phillips would not be a good addition for the Angels. He's not cost-controlled for a few years and he's certainly not young.

Half the trolling and

personal attacks

come from the current and former mods.

This even after the

New AW-World Order was

decreed a

few years back.

After starting sh!t

they flash their

plastic badge

while riding

on their high horse and

holding elementary school

grudges.

Just wait until you start getting silly PMs from some of them.

A mod's job is to

elevate

the board atmosphere

based

on the goals of the site. If

you

can't

handle the responsibility then

turn in your...

165.jpg

This is a clown post bro.

But you're good enough

Smart enough

And gosh darn it people like you!

I'm pretty sure that a lot of Starlin's struggles were mental, and Joe Maddon has always been a strong proponent of sports psychologists.

Maddon raved about Castro's improvements after he got his head wrapped around his situation and role on the team.

Once he got his head on straight, he was solid on the field and at the plate.

I'd be really excited to have him.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of Starlin's struggles were mental, and Joe Maddon has always been a strong proponent of sports psychologists.

Maddon raved about Castro's improvements after he got his head wrapped around his situation and role on the team.

Well, Yogi did once say that 90% of the game is half mental, so...

Phillips would command slightly less per season, and for less seasons, than Zobrist would.

Phillips is the better defensive player.    But can he hit just enough? 

Phillips could bridge the gap to either Sherman Johnson or Andrew Daniel.

But again, LF and relief pitching have to be tackled first and foremost.

Acquiring Castro will be a great move. He will probably always have mental gaffes but I think he will also mature.

I don't think they have a spot on the team for him and would be willing to trade him for a SP.

I agree that they are willing to trade him and are looking at SP. Given that there were rumors of a Castro/Gardner swap, I'm just not sure that a CJ/Santiago would get it done and I'm not sure I'd want to deal one of our younger arms for him.