• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez: Miggy nearly went to Halos in 2007 deal

Actually if we had traded for Miggy (I was absolutely devastated when that deal didn't happen), we likely wouldn't have traded for Teixeira the next year in 08', ultimately leading to Trout's draft pick. So unlikely that we would have seen the two in the same lineup. But still, Trout and Albert ain't too shabby.

Actually if we had traded for Miggy (I was absolutely devastated when that deal didn't happen), we likely wouldn't have traded for Teixeira the next year in 08', ultimately leading to Trout's draft pick. So unlikely that we would have seen the two in the same lineup. But still, Trout and Albert ain't too shabby.

Trout was number one of the Angels board before Grichuk. If they didn't have that extra pick, he would've been chosen over Grichuk

Don't really understand why articles like these are written.  "What if" scenarios are stupid.  I mean, IF my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle....  doesn't really matter... she doesn't so she isn't - move on.

Insert smarmy sneaky_flute reference here.

We would've drafted Trout with the pick we got from not resigning KRod. We had two consecutive picks, the other was from Texeira and that was actually used to sign Grichuk.

They just switched the order so they could pay Trout a lower signing bonus.

Yeah, this story still makes me wanna vomit...I guess it's sorta fresh again now that Sybil Santana is gonzo...I guess all I see now is Howard for Miggy....hurling...

Speaking of rosterbation / hyopthetical murderer's row scenarios. Imagine if the money this club has wasted on the likes of Vernon Wells and others were spent on Miguel Cabrera AND Adrian Beltre:

Trout (CF)

Hunter (RF)

Cabrera (1B)

Morales (DH)

Beltre (3B)

Trumbo (LF)

??? (2B)

Not Jeff Mathis ©

Aybar (SS)

Trout was number one of the Angels board before Grichuk. If they didn't have that extra pick, he would've been chosen over Grichuk

That assumes that the Angels would still have that pick.

If Miggy comes here, the Angels may have done a whole bunch of things differently re: player personnel.  The might have re-signed Frankie, and not had the Grichuk pick. There are too many variables at play. All we really know is what happened and a we can make a very basic guess as to what would have happened if an alternative path was taken.

Yeah, the names might be different (Mathis, Adenhart) but it was always a 4 for 1 and for some reason, the Angels didn't want the stud that is Cabrera. Oh well.

Not only that, with the Angels luck Cabrera would have been terrible under Mickey hatcher, and Arte would have been paying ten million a year for him to rake in Yankees stadium.:(