• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade for Andrelton Simmons - Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis & $2.5mm to Braves $*#&

nate

59 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

ha.  I made one post obtusely giving a bit of negative input but I was apparently at disneyland which saved me from myself.  

lol. I did like the trade at the time, but I did not like the context of the move. We needed to add more to make it worthwhile, and I don't think that is wrong even now. Simmons is great, but its possible he isn't a member of the next Angels playoff team ( I hope Im wrong )

On 11/12/2015 at 6:58 PM, Redondo said:

Looks like we gave up too much in this trade and put in money to boot.

Braves should have added one of their top hitting prospects if we gave up Newcomb

Like having an elite SS on defense. Simmons, 26, hit .265 with four homers and 44 RBIs in 535 at-bats in 2015.

Okay I was half right.

2 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Chuck's thread about him leading the majors in war reminded me that a majority of the board didn't like the trade at first.  Thought it was time for a trip down memory lane

And yet this thread has three times as many posts since your bump than that thread. 

Facking weirdos I tell ya. 

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I remember @Scotty@AW telling us we basically traded for Eric Stamets.  Don't know if it was in this thread or not.  

I've already eaten my crow Strad. Honestly, if I had the time I'd go look up something dumb you said, but I don't. It wouldn't take very long, but that speaks more of my busy schedule than your finger filter.

On 11/12/2015 at 4:31 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is...unwordably retarded.

The new guy who asked "would you do this, i heard a rumor" was basically laughed at..but now i think he was really eppler

Maybe this is to make kubitza more comfortable at 3rd?...

In less than a year we went from a GM who traded for young guys...to one who wouldnt trade for anyone...to one who trades anyone

Man...to think less than 2 years ago, i still thought kubitza had a future.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

lol. I did like the trade at the time, but I did not like the context of the move. We needed to add more to make it worthwhile, and I don't think that is wrong even now. Simmons is great, but its possible he isn't a member of the next Angels playoff team ( I hope Im wrong )

Well more so I think you and I and many others wanted to see the Angels spend to get an OF at that time too and the overall strategy was odd, particularly when we acquired him so early in the off-season too.

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

Well more so I think you and I and many others wanted to see the Angels spend to get an OF at that time too and the overall strategy was odd, particularly when we acquired him so early in the off-season too.

Ya they seemed an outfielder and a second basemen away from contending, and they spent all their organizational currency on a shortstop. It made sense if they were going to go really big and spend big on those two holes.

Alternatively it made sense if they had no money, little chance of reasonably contending, and were looking a year or two down the road. Realistically, the only way we were going to get a decent short stop was by trading Newcomb.

25 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I've already eaten my crow Strad. Honestly, if I had the time I'd go look up something dumb you said, but I don't. It wouldn't take very long, but that speaks more of my busy schedule than your finger filter.

I will own every dumb thing I've ever said.  I wanted Heyward, I wanted Gordon, I was sure we'd sign a left fielder, and I don't despise Scioscia.  You're absolutely right it wouldn't take long to find a dumb thing I've said.  I am a fan, I don't try to be anything else.  

Sorry I struck a nerve.  It's ok, you're still a neat dude.  

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Man...to think less than 2 years ago, i still thought kubitza had a future.

Yeah, I remember watching him in AAA. Big, strong, athletic. Was much faster than he looked. But Kubitza was much like Brandon Wood. He experienced failure and he folded. No confidence.

Honestly, at this point I suspect a great deal of a prospect's success stems from how they react to failure. Most of these guys were the best from wherever they're from. They never failed, and once the face the best in the world, I think they get shaken up when they aren't the best anymore.

Even Trouty experienced failure in his first call up.