• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you say yes to this deal?

loriasucks1

So we have one of the weakest lineups in baseball and here we are talking about trading pitching for a SS who cant hit. This is getting comical.

He's the best defensive player in the game in his prime at a premium position and he hits equal to our current short stop, so yea it would be a good move as long as it doesn't cost us Newcomb.

The Mets checked in on Simmons this morning and were met with the asking price of Jacob deGrom or Matt Harvey, tweets Sherman, which is steeper than New York would care to pay.

Traderumors.com

Holly hell. Asking price is too high. I understand SS will be a position of need next year, but unless we get an impact player or fill a current need then I am not ready to part with Nuke/Richards +. 

So the goal here is to get rid of a Gold Glove caliber shortstop (Aybar) and a young talented pitching prospect.  To get another Gold Glove caliber shortstop, who cant hit.  

:lol:

Simmons is just about as good offensively as Aybar, and quite a bit better with the glove. He's also 6 years younger and under a team-friendly contract for the next 5 years.

But other than that, your comparison is spot on.

The Mets checked in on Simmons this morning and were met with the asking price of Jacob deGrom or Matt Harvey, tweets Sherman, which is steeper than New York would care to pay.

Traderumors.com

Yeah, I saw that and my first thought was that apparently the Braves are not that serious about trading him. Because they are not getting deGrom, Harvey, Newcomb, or any other similar player for a glove-first (.666 career OPS) shortstop.

Edited by Mark68

Angels get: Andrelton Simmons

Braves get: Erick Aybar/Sean Newcomb/prospect

Usually on this board, predictions are way off.  I mean we will want A, and end up with somewhere around N.

I think you practically nailed it.  And if anything, you weren't generous enough.  

As your first post.  I think we see you Mr. Eppler.  

He's the best defensive player in the game in his prime at a premium position and he hits equal to our current short stop, so yea it would be a good move as long as it doesn't cost us Newcomb.

Unfortunately it did cost us Newcombe.

Have to hope Simmons starts to hit better. His is D is terrific

• 2 years later...
On November 11, 2015 at 9:07 PM, loriasucks1 said:

Angels get: Andrelton Simmons

Braves get: Erick Aybar/Sean Newcomb/prospect

On November 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Negative.

Not that he wouldnt be a great get for the angels, but the tradeoff between him and aybar (whos declining to be fair) wouldnt be worth the loss of the one potential stud we have.

On November 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM, AngelStew43 said:

No.  Price too high.

On November 11, 2015 at 9:32 PM, JAHV76 said:

Trading cost controlled really good LHP should net more.

On November 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM, laagamer said:

No

On November 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Hollyw00d said:

Ehhh, he really can't hit. Dude would probably be similar to Elvis Andrus.

On November 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Scotty@AW said:

no way in heck I make that deal. Simmons is a great defensive shortstop, but has no bat whatsoever. It isn't that hard to find defensively gifted middle infielders with no bat. There's a dozen on the scrap heap waiting to be signed.

On November 11, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Mark68 said:

Nope.

Especially not if Newcomb goes to the Braves.

I don't even think I'd do Ellis either. Simmons is not worth that much.

On November 11, 2015 at 11:40 PM, Dochalo said:

Newcomb is untouchable. 

On November 11, 2015 at 11:53 PM, TroutField said:

Upgrading shortstop definitely shouldn't be on the list of things to do. Aybar is pretty good offensively and really good defensively, although he does make boneheaded plays all too often. Fix left, the bullpen, 2nd base, 3rd base, the catching situation, the bench and the rotation and then we can worry about upgrading shortstop long term

On November 12, 2015 at 12:17 AM, QuinlansMinion said:

This thread is a joke right?  This has to be one of the worst trade proposals ever on this board.

On November 12, 2015 at 3:53 AM, Angel Oracle said:

We have a shortage of RHP in this org.

Ellis should not be dealt either.

On November 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Jim said:

No way

On November 12, 2015 at 2:47 PM, bloodbrother said:

No

i agree

Ps I miss loriasucks1