• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you say yes to this deal?

loriasucks1

Well, don't kill the messenger, but I'm bored and I have a source who says the two teams were in talks today about a potential deal. And then the rumors of a Simmons deal showed up tonight on MLB Trade Rumors even though it says NL West team.

It's also possible Newcomb isn't involved. It was Simmons for Aybar & 2 prospects, one of them being the Angels #2 prospect. I just assumed it was Newcomb, but I just checked on mlb.com, and he's actually your #1 prospect. #2 is Christopher Ellis. 

I'd love to get Simmons but it boils down to how big of an impact he makes. Is he an impact player? No. He improves the defense, but he won't be the reason for the Angel's overall success in 2016. Is Newcomb and impact player? He certainly has the upside to be one in a couple of years and possibly even a great help late this season.

Let's say Ellis and a prospect instead of Newcomb. I still don't do it because like I said, he isn't an impact player (he's a strictly defensive guy) , and I think you can possible package Ellis for an impact player. Especially by pairing him up with other cost controlled pitchers like Heaney,Santiago, Trop, Smith, or Alcantara for team trying to unload salary.

Maybe Braun for Heaney, Ellis, Gatto, Cron.

Braun is owed $111 million through 2021 which happens to be the year Trout hits FA. What if the Brewers paid 15 million of his remaining contract leaving us with 96 mil (16 per year) to pay for him. There are projections that Fowler will get around that high. We'd be getting a bargain price and even though he will fall of the last couple years of his contract, he becomes FA at the PERFECT time.

Brewers have to be listening. Shedding 100 mil in salary and receiving a bunch of years in cost control of talented young pitching.

Not only is he an immediate impact player, but he is controlled through Trout's prime and he fills our team's biggest hole being LF. We save the money we were going to use in LF to fill our other holes.

Edit: Do you think it would take Richards/Newcomb for Braun? I'd say Heaney may be enough as the centerpiece. That's a $100 MILLION commitment taken off their back plus a quality, albeit not amazing return for a team who won't be contending any time soon.

Edited by marcosantinia12

Upgrading shortstop definitely shouldn't be on the list of things to do. Aybar is pretty good offensively and really good defensively, although he does make boneheaded plays all too often. Fix left, the bullpen, 2nd base, 3rd base, the catching situation, the bench and the rotation and then we can worry about upgrading shortstop long term

Maybe Braun for Heaney, Ellis, Gatto, Cron.

Braun is owed $111 million through 2021 which happens to be the year Trout hits FA. What if the Brewers paid 15 million of his remaining contract leaving us with 96 mil (16 per year) to pay for him. There are projections that Fowler will get around that high. We'd be getting a bargain price and even though he will fall of the last couple years of his contract, he becomes FA at the PERFECT time.

Brewers have to be listening. Shedding 100 mil in salary and receiving a bunch of years in cost control of talented young pitching.

Not only is he an immediate impact player, but he is controlled through Trout's prime and he fills our team's biggest hole being LF. We save the money we were going to use in LF to fill our other holes.

Edit: Do you think it would take Richards/Newcomb for Braun? I'd say Heaney may be enough as the centerpiece. That's a $100 MILLION commitment taken off their back plus a quality, albeit not amazing return for a team who won't be contending any time soon.

Braun should be available for a lot less. He should be considered strictly as a salary dump for the brewers.

I think it'd be more likely they flipped Aybar for another player with 1 year on their contract, akin to the Morales/Vargas and Cabrera/Garland deals.

Aybar isn't at a period in his career where he would need to transition yet either.

Edited by totdprods