• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you say yes to this deal?

loriasucks1

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Braves aren’t stupid....their rebuild has brought in some good players.....

Have you watched them play recently? 

They're a fun team to watch. The kids are playing well. 

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

I have two favorites—-Halos will always #1 but I live close enough that I’ve always been a Braves fan too....haven’t been to the new park yet but will try later this season...

On 11/12/2015 at 8:44 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I would definitely consider this move if it was Aybar / Ellis for Simmons.

I'm really big on the Angels improving the defense this year as a way to counter a deep but mediocre pitching staff. An ace would be nice, but that doesn't solve every other game we play. The Angels don't need a shortstop right now, but they need to find one within the next year or so, and I'm not sure if there are any quality options available - clearly none from our minor leagues.

Simmons is an upgrade over Aybar, he is also cheaper, under control for 2 additional years, and entering his age 26 season. People keep referring to him as a no-bat short stop, but if you throw out 2014 he's essentially been the same hitter as Aybar since 2012.

Before the trade was announced. What I didn't mention here was that since he was just entering his age 26 season Andrelton had room for improvement offensively. Also after seeing him play first hand the first couple of months he was here it was clear that he was very raw offensively and looked like someone who had been over coached in Atlanta - his approach at the plate was all wong. Him breaking out the last year+ has not been all that surprising to me.

On 5/5/2018 at 5:27 PM, beatlesrule said:

You sure about that? I'm sure myself and some other posters knew he had not hit his prime yet and that he could probably hit better.

This is why I love being a pessimist. Doesn't matter how wrong you are, it's always a good outcome lol

22 hours ago, Lou said:

Acuna is a monster in waiting.   Lots of other young talent including the mercurial Albies and a finally solid offensively Swanson

A rejuvenated veteran in Markakis being near the top in NL BA doesn't hurt either.  

They have the perfect catcher in the veteran Kurt Suzuki, to work with a young staff.

Newcomb has definitely raised his game to start 2018, the BBs are coming down and the K's are high.

And still, I was as the Fonz says....wrrrrrr...I was wrrr....I was not right.    Simmons has to be in the discussion currently as best all around SS in MLB.