• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jet Blue

NJHalo

I forget where I was, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the US, but I also had forgot to take out my leatherman and it was found and they offered to let me check it, but I wasnt checking any bags so I gave it up.

They apparently have trash cans full of Leathermans and pocket knives at every airport. 

Except for the nicest ones taken by airport employees, I think they are sold for profit...

Kinda sorta sure they wouldn't let someone bring a letter opener on the plane...

Not really. It's more just the shit I hear about. Things I've seen to others. It's the attitudes I've encountered. I've flown dozens upon dozens of times and have had minor problems here or there, but nothing that stands out.

Actually, I am. It's one thing to vent on a forum, but when I'm walking up to that line I'm not going to **** around with any of those guys. It's like ****ing with cops, never do it, because it's just never going to end well. Just something you have to accept. Behave and avoid confrontation at all costs and you mostly won't have problems.

I'm just not a fan of the superiority, talk down to you complex. When they're jerks to people who are completely innocent, there's really no reason for it.

I've flown I don't know how many times but I'm

Guessing 75-100 times and I've never once seen anyone get harassed by a TSA. I've seen people get questioned and I've seen them respond to rude people respectfully.

From the comments section...

By Dave Cornutt on Friday, Aug 28th 2015 16:12Z

@OZ1SEJ, look down the thread a bit... the MD-80 has floating elevators that will move to random positions when the plane is parked. You can't tell anything about their functionality by looking at them from the ground during a pre-flight.

And I understand about the trim mechanism. My reading of the report, though, is that what was jammed was not the trim mechanism but the elevator itself. I think the elevators have more control authority than the trim does on that aircraft. One wonders what would have happened if the crew on this flight had attempted nose down trim, but they probably didn't have time to try that before they had to make the decision to abort.

This is the type of thing that gets people killed. There should be some sort of check in which there is an input and an expected response in both directions.

I'm white. Aside from waiting for the asshats who have bottles of water, questionable items in their bags, uggs to get through security I've never been hassled. 

Same.

Before they added the exemption for the old people, flying out of Florida used to be hell.  

I don't understand why you are allowed to bring a bottle of wine on a flight. Can't you turn your bottle of wine into a deadly weapon simply by smashing it and holding onto the neck? Isn't this much more dangerous than a letter opener?

I don't think this is possible. I looked this up before a flight one time where I brought a bunch of minis.

With alcohol it needs to be in containers the same or smaller than regulation, the alcohol can't be above 90 proof (if I remember correctly they consider that flammable), and they have to be in a clear bag.

I had something like 10-20 assorted minis and was thanked for following protocol at all my stops.

I wore a knee brace coming back from Loveland, Colorado.

It has metal pivots sewn in it and is held on with 2 velcro straps. I got taken to secondary search and had to strip down and had my hands tested for gunpowder. I kept telling the guy let me take it off and run it through the scanner, but they would not allow that.

when i was flying out of new york about a year after 9/11 i lost my license and had no ID and was pulled out of line, patted down and thoroughly searched. ever since that trip, every time i fly i am the random person that gets pulled out of line and searched. is this a coincidence or do they flag people? it doesn't bother me, i would rather they do their jobs correctly, i just know i have to get to the airport earlier than i normally would

• 1 month later...

As an ex-airline employee, I had fun reading this thread.

I have flown 5 or 6 times in the last 9 -10 years, and I still hold flight benefits on 2 airlines.

Really doesn't matter which airline, flying anywhere sucks now.

I remember the good days when people showered before getting on planes, agents were happy folks who helped, and there were empty seats on nearly every flight.

I will say that Alaska Airlines is still pretty good, domestically. (and to Mexico)

And if you ever get a chance to fly Virgin, that is a comfortable experience.

Other than that, flying is a real drag. It used to be so much fun.

F'n Reagan

Edited by Homebrewer

arch Stanton

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

This is a typical page in my passport. Do you think I've seen a few secondary screening rooms?

Yep...I used to go out of my way and whore myself for stamps...

My new passport is all but clean. It's all in there with the new chips, but still..

How things have changed.

Glad I traveled all the time when I was young, and didn't wait until I "retired" to start.

On the cruise trip I just took to Florida, other than having the one stop in NYC going there and then in Boston coming back, there were no issues.

It was only a one hour layover in NYC, and only about the same in Boston.  

The legroom is better on Jet Blue than on some other airplanes.   And every seat has the video set up in front of you to watch tv with the headphones. 

And driving into and leaving LB's terminal does not suck at all.

I have heard good things about Virgin, may have to try them too. 

Edited by Angel Oracle