• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jet Blue

NJHalo

I can appreciate Nate's disdain for SW flyers for some reason, I like to glare and shake my head at people I think I'm better than, too.

But I've never gotten worse than mid-B's even if I forget to check in 24 hours in advance. And even late B's gets you empty rows at the back.

Which brings me to another point.  Having to step out of a meeting at 10:15AM because my return flight is in 24 hours is not professional at all.

Anyway in the half a dozen times I have flown Southwest I have never been better than high Bs when doing it exactly 24 hours ahead of time.  All but two I have paid the 40 dollars to get in group A.

You know what's weird about Long Beach, even the TSA people are much nicer and friendly.  Why is that? 

Because they deal with far FAR fewer people than those at say LAX, and the few people they do deal with at LB are in a much better mood because they can get from the car through security, at the gate in 10 minutes.

However f*** asshole TSA people at any airport. Those f***ers should be thanking god they have a job, because they're pretty much useless anywhere else you'd place them. If they weren't searching bags or checking ID's for TSA they'd be asking "Would you like to combo that?" instead. Low lifes living in a fantasyland where they think they're cool because they have a superiority complex and get to do it at an airport.

They have absolutely ZERO reason to be the pieces of sh*t they are. Especially towards innocent flyers who just want to be left alone and have a pleasant experience.

You'd think the airlines would have a say in the matter, for example getting rid of agents who have complaints against them, considering it's the first impression a flyer gets before they're even on the plane. Maybe it's such a shitty job nobody wants to do it, and that's why there's a nail laced baseball bat up their wazoos.

The pilots might owe the passengers an explanation of why the didn't find a failed elevator on preflight checks.

From the comments section...

By Dave Cornutt on Friday, Aug 28th 2015 16:12Z

@OZ1SEJ, look down the thread a bit... the MD-80 has floating elevators that will move to random positions when the plane is parked. You can't tell anything about their functionality by looking at them from the ground during a pre-flight.

And I understand about the trim mechanism. My reading of the report, though, is that what was jammed was not the trim mechanism but the elevator itself. I think the elevators have more control authority than the trim does on that aircraft. One wonders what would have happened if the crew on this flight had attempted nose down trim, but they probably didn't have time to try that before they had to make the decision to abort.

Because they deal with far FAR fewer people than those at say LAX, and the few people they do deal with at LB are in a much better mood because they can get from the car through security, at the gate in 10 minutes.

However f*** asshole TSA people at any airport. Those f***ers should be thanking god they have a job, because they're pretty much useless anywhere else you'd place them. If they weren't searching bags or checking ID's for TSA they'd be asking "Would you like to combo that?" instead. Low lifes living in a fantasyland where they think they're cool because they have a superiority complex and get to do it at an airport.

They have absolutely ZERO reason to be the pieces of sh*t they are. Especially towards innocent flyers who just want to be left alone and have a pleasant experience.

You'd think the airlines would have a say in the matter, for example getting rid of agents who have complaints against them, considering it's the first impression a flyer gets before they're even on the plane. Maybe it's such a shitty job nobody wants to do it, and that's why there's a nail laced baseball bat up their wazoos.

wow, you must have had some really crappy experiences to feel this way.

It's like any situation where you deal with someone in a position of power.  You remember the one crappy time and not the ninety nine that went fine.  Most TSA agents I've dealt with were nice and I know they have to deal with a lot of aholes so I try to take that into account but I've come across a few who fit the stereotypical "I was an asshole in high school and since I can't do something that requires a higher skill or intellect I'm going to find a job where I can continue to be an asshole and people have to put up with me."    

when i was a goth as a youngster i used to get the "random pat down" by TSA every time i flew.

like come on, no goth is going to bomb an airline.

we were too busy discussing joy division lyrics and endlessly complaining about society to have time for complex terrorist attacks.

Edited by mrwicked

I'm sure you're an absolute joy to serve at the airport. Like many others have said I've never had a bad experience. I think I shared this story in the thread about my dad passing away. But we were flying him home last year to come live here in So Cal and he had stuff in his bag that he wasn't allowed to have like a letter opener. The TSA agents were incredibly helpful and respectful to my dad it was unbelievable.

I'm sure you're an absolute joy to serve at the airport. Like many others have said I've never had a bad experience. I think I shared this story in the thread about my dad passing away. But we were flying him home last year to come live here in So Cal and he had stuff in his bag that he wasn't allowed to have like a letter opener. The TSA agents were incredibly helpful and respectful to my dad it was unbelievable.

Did they let him keep it? 

i ended up grabbing my camping bag to pack for a last minute flight out of town.

i was super tired after finals and packed in about 5 minutes then headed to the airport.

at the x-ray they pull me aside, and the guy pulls out my 9" black navy seal divers knife which has lived in the bottom of my camping backpack since i was in HS.

then they pulled out a massive turkish dagger i had bought in bosnia as a gift for a friend.

they laughed about it.

was just too absurd of a situation.

they were super nice about the whole thing, let me check the knives and i was on my way.

Edited by mrwicked

Yes they did.

That's pretty cool.  I used to have a Leatherman knockoff that I thought for sure was lost in Northern California.  A few months later, I'm at John Wayne watching my laptop bag going back and forth through the scanner.  This can't be good.  Sure enough, there it was wedged underneath a flap I didn't know existed.  They were nice and gave me the option to put it inside my car and come back.  Only problem was that I got dropped off that day.  So I had to forfeit it. 

I think TSA people cleaned up their act when cell phone cameras became commonplace.  The fear of being filmed seems to provide the incentive to act decently. 

i ended up grabbing my camping bag to pack for a last minute flight out of town.

i was super tired after finals and packed in about 5 minutes then headed to the airport.

at the x-ray they pull me aside, and the guy pulls out my 9" black navy seal divers knife which has lived in the bottom of my camping backpack since i was in HS.

then they pulled out a massive turkish dagger i had bought in bosnia as a gift for a friend.

they laughed about it.

was just too absurd of a situation.

they were super nice about the whole thing, let me check the knives and i was on my way.

haha, similar stories

Kinda sorta sure they wouldn't let someone bring a letter opener on the plane...

Not really. It's more just the shit I hear about. Things I've seen to others. It's the attitudes I've encountered. I've flown dozens upon dozens of times and have had minor problems here or there, but nothing that stands out. 

I'm sure you're an absolute joy to serve at the airport.

Actually, I am. It's one thing to vent on a forum, but when I'm walking up to that line I'm not going to **** around with any of those guys. It's like ****ing with cops, never do it, because it's just never going to end well. Just something you have to accept. Behave and avoid confrontation at all costs and you mostly won't have problems.

I'm just not a fan of the superiority, talk down to you complex. When they're jerks to people who are completely innocent, there's really no reason for it.