• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jet Blue

NJHalo

I guess I don't have as high of standards as the rest of you when it comes to this stuff. I won't say I fly a ton, but I am guessing I have flown 75 times in my life maybe slightly less. I have never had an issue with Ontario airport or South West Airline. I have had issues with American Airlines and Alegiant. For me with Alegiant it was just cheap ass airline. They charged you to have carry on bags. American the issue was on the way to Miami we had to turn around 45 minutes into the flight because they were struggling with cabin pressure. Then on the way back we had an issue on American where we were sitting on the plane for over an hour before they decided to have us all get on a different plane. I don't really have an issue with American for making that kind of call, it was better than the alternative. I don't care for JFK Airport, but if I had to fly out of it again I am sure I would get over it and understand that I will be sitting on the tarmac longer that I would want to.

I flew Southwest from Austin to OC last month and had free drinks the entire way. I probably had about 5 vodka tonics. Maybe the flight attendant had a thing for me.

I believe his name was Carl. It's all kinda hazy.

Same happened to me earlier this month flying southwest from Dallas to OC. Had 5 vodka drinks and didn't get charged for one. The FA didn't charge anyone for drinks in her section and people were drinking a lot.

I fly Southwest most of the time now. I have flown JetBlue (before they charged for bags) and enjoyed it, except for when I've flown from the east coast to Denver, because it always seems to be thru Atlanta which is always seeming to have weather issues.

Last month, when I flew from Denver to SoCal, I flew into SNA, it cost a little more than LAX, but saved a lot more on rental car at SNA.

I avoid Delta like the plague.

For clarification, I don't think Ontario is a bad airport at all.  The problem is that the City of Los Angeles (who until recently owned Ontario Airport) did things to discourage airlines from flying there.  From its peak a decade ago, passenger volume at ONT has plummeted something like 40%. 

Once the locals take over ONT, there's a good chance the airlines will want to schedule more flights there again.  What's sweet about Ontario is its long runways capable of handling wide-body aircraft and no noise curfews.  Hopefully someday we'll be able to fly non-stop from Ontario to Europe or Asia. 

Edited by mp170.6

my experience with southwest has been positive, and i've flown with them several times. however, they're the only airline that hassles me about my weight.

i can understand why others don't like them. it's like renting a toyota corolla when you really want a nice big suv.

i think spirit is the airline that charges you for carry on bags. screw them.

Carry-on bags are the least of their fees. Try these on for size (from Spirit's website):

One personal item is included with a Bare Fare.This is something like a small backpack or purse that fits entirely in the smaller sizer box. You need to pay for any additional/larger bags.

Customer-Requested Seat Assignments / Regular Seats $1 to $50

Big Front Seats (in advance) $12 to $199

Big Front Seats (onboard upgrades—depending on flight length) $25 to $75

Boarding pass printed by Airport Kiosk  $2 per boarding pass printed

Boarding pass printed at Airport Agent  $10 per boarding pass printed

Unaccompanied Minors (Price includes snack and beverage)  $100 per customer, each way

Pet Transportation (Limit 4 pets total in cabin)  $110 per pet container, each way

Travel Guard Insurance / Domestic Itinerary  5% of total reservation price ($14 minimum)

Travel Guard Insurance / International Itinerary  5.5% of total reservation price ($16 minimum) Travel Guard Insurance / Vacation Package Itinerary  6.5% of total package price ($25 minimum)
Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

It's about 45 minutes from OC to Vegas, not a couple hours.

I was referring to taking flights in general, not solely a trip from OC to Vegas.

I guess I'm easy going on planes. I bring some shots of tequilla, pop a melatonin, put on my studio ear muffs, and pass out for basically the entirety of the flight listening to music. These things do wonders for cutting out a huge majority of the noise on planes.

122885.jpg

Also, Roller Coaster Tycoon is a great way to pass the time (Roller Coaster nerd in me). Before you know it 4 hours have gone by, you've got a killer amusement park, and you're about to land.

My one experience with jet blue involved me leaving my house at 3:30 am and not boarding a plane until 3:30pm. Missed half an Angels game because of it. They gave us some money back, but I'm still sore because they booked us on a 1pm flight knowing full well that the cancellation would push everything back and said nothing.

Southwest was a revelation after flying United for work a few times because they'll actually fly a plane that isn't filled to maximum capacity.

I just booked a flight on Allegiant because even after all their nickel and dime fees it was still cheaper than anyone else.

Even if you do this you still end up sitting in the back of the plane on an isle and end up with a mom and her infant sitting next to you.  I would venture to guess I have flown a lot more than you have, MP.

Why would you end up sitting next to a mom and her infant?

You then stated you like having seat assignments because you can get it changed if you care to do so.

On SWA it's much easier than that. All you have to do is get up and move to another seat.

Jet Blue is amazing. Take it when I go up to Seattle. Gotta agree with Long Beach too. Easiest airport I've ever flown out of. People are nice, you're in/out quickly. The Jet Blue staff is great. They hooked me up with 2 bottles of Jack for free last time I flew out. They won my service.

Jet Blue is amazing. Take it when I go up to Seattle. Gotta agree with Long Beach too. Easiest airport I've ever flown out of. People are nice, you're in/out quickly. The Jet Blue staff is great. They hooked me up with 2 bottles of Jack for free last time I flew out. They won my service.

You know what's weird about Long Beach, even the TSA people are much nicer and friendly.  Why is that? 

Allegiant is really the only Euro Style discount airline. A couple years back we got RT tix from LB to Idaho Falls (to go to Jackson, WY) for like $70. My buddy who flew in from Vegas paid $40 RT. And they're more than fine for what you pay. Flown them a few times.

Allegiant is based locally, so we get a lot of news on the airline. It is only a matter of time before they kill a planeload of people. They have had several instances of engine failure lately, and one flight had to be diverted from the destination airport because they didn't have enough fuel on board to complete the flight. The latter was piloted by company executives trying to keep up their flight credentials. Their maintenance has been suspect for years, and they have one of the oldest fleets in the business. I'm surprised that the FAA hasn't grounded them.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Allegiant is based locally, so we get a lot of news on the airline. It is only a matter of time before they kill a planeload of people. They have had several instances of engine failure lately, and one flight had to be diverted from the destination airport because they didn't have enough fuel on board to complete the flight. The latter was piloted by company executives trying to keep up their flight credentials. Their maintenance has been suspect for years, and they have one of the oldest fleets in the business. I'm surprised that the FAA hasn't grounded them.

Did you see this?  http://avherald.com/h?article=48b6fd53&opt=0

The passengers on that flight owe the pilots their life savings for aborting the takeoff in time. 

Why would you end up sitting next to a mom and her infant?

You then stated you like having seat assignments because you can get it changed if you care to do so.

On SWA it's much easier than that. All you have to do is get up and move to another seat.

Because even when you login exactly 24 hours early and get in the back of the B group or beginning of the C group all the good seats are already taken.