• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon this post season...

Is there any difference between how they approach the game sabremetrically though? Maddon worked under Friedman for years and from all accounts that was a happy marriage, unlike the scioscia and dipoto fling.

Friedman made it quite clear to Maddon that he had an opt out clause in his contract at the of the 2014 season. Joe would probably still be with the Rays had it not been pointed out to him.

Now, was he just being a buddy or telling him to opt out? Whatever the case Maddon left for Chicago, Friedman to LA. You would think if he was a big Maddon supporter he would have waited until settled in LA and made the call.

Maybe he should stop looking only a game ahead, and try to prepare for all the remaining games in the series, or yeah, what the heck, we need a 2015 "buzz saw."  What the heck is a "buzz saw" anyway, don't all electric saws go "buzz"?  And trying to inspire his team with Rocky Balboa is a little dated,  Stalone couldn't inspire a 95 year old grandmother anymore.

Meanwhile, here's Buzz himself...

SawSaw.jpg

Edited by tomsred

Maybe he should stop looking only a game ahead, and try to prepare for all the remaining games in the series, or yeah, what the heck, we need a 2015 "buzz saw." What the heck is a "buzz saw" anyway, don't all electric saws go "buzz"? And trying to inspire his team with Rocky Balboa is a little dated, Stalone couldn't inspire a 95 year old grandmother anymore.

Meanwhile, here's Buzz himself...

SawSaw.jpg

Yep, the braintrust of MLB managing, LOL.  If you have good horses the jockey is just there for the ride.

i hate this analogy. as a fan of the races, i can't let this stand, the jockey is most certainly not just along for the ride. 

sorry to jump your shit.

Not trying to troll or sfir the pot, but if the cubbies lose this, what do we say about maddon? (And i love the guy). But will people say he failed to prepare his team? If we say they ran into a super hot mets team, would that be a "buzz saw"?

i don't think it's a big surprise that the mets are beating the cubs. it's not like they're an inferior team. i wasn't super big on the cubs making it out of the nlds because of their homerun or nothing offense, while they handled that easily enough it seems to have caught up to them.

Not trying to troll or sfir the pot, but if the cubbies lose this, what do we say about maddon? (And i love the guy). But will people say he failed to prepare his team? If we say they ran into a super hot mets team, would that be a "buzz saw"?

The Cubs ran into a little something called "DeGrom, Syndegaard, Harvey, and Matz".  Four pitchers with 1 or 2 starter stuff.

The Cubs have an ace in Arrieta and a 2 in Lester and then there is a drop off.  They needed one of Arrieta/Lester to get a win in NY to have a chance but, when that failed, depending on Hendricks/Hammel is a tough thing.  

The Dodgers were able to make a series of the ALDS because they were able to throw two of the best pitchers in baseball at the Mets and even that wasn't enough.