• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon this post season...

Joe Maddon this post season, took out the two teams (not just in the NL but in all of baseball) with the most wins (100 and 98), and destroyed their long time rivals and the favorites to go to the World Series (STL).

Then his best players, mostly rookies who had never even played a full season in the Major leagues, much less been in a pennant race with intense games every day, just ran out of gas.

His ace pitcher, who had the lowest ERA ever in a second half, and won game after game after game, including throwing no hitter, and should win the NL Cy Young, hit the wall also.

Joe had a tremendous year and will win his 3rd MOY award going away from the rest of the field, no contest there.

I hope this answers the question.

Joe Maddon this post season, took out the two teams (not just in the NL but in all of baseball) with the most wins (100 and 98), and destroyed their long time rivals and the favorites to go to the World Series (STL).

Then his best players, mostly rookies who had never even played a full season in the Major leagues, much less been in a pennant race with intense games every day, just ran out of gas.

His ace pitcher, who had the lowest ERA ever in a second half, and won game after game after game, including throwing no hitter, and should win the NL Cy Young, hit the wall also.

Joe had a tremendous year and will win his 3rd MOY award going away from the rest of the field, no contest there.

I hope this answers the question.

Yes it answers the question. If it happens on the Cubs in the playoffs it's the players fault, if it happens to the Angels in the playoffs it's Scioscia's fault.

It's not the facts I struggle with because everything you said is accurate. But you spent last October blaming Scioscia for how his team performed against the Royals. But since Maddon's players hit the wall six games after the Angels players did last year it's the young Cubs players fault and not Maddon.

To me, the bigger issue is losing both Maddon and Friedman.

For a Rays franchise that had to rely on creativity to make up for a meager financial base, they now have a future of total uncertainty.

I wonder if they will join the A'th as a serious relocation candidate.

Baseball just doesn't sell in Tampa, and especially not in that joke of a stadium in a location difficult for people to get to.

If they actually tried playing in Tampa, they might get more fans to show up.