• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick : Most unclutch player ever?

That at bat relieved a lot of my stress level.

Kendrick was the creator of 4 of the Angels 5 runs. You should know when to make a point and when to wait for the appropriate time.

Like the next time we're down by one in the 7th,8th, 9th 10th... with a couple guys on and he strikes out or rolls over into a DP.

That's ok. The point's just as valid now.

Like I said, tie game, one out, no one on is not a stressful at bat.

Watching Lucho play solid inspired baseball, seems to have inspired Howie.

Sometimes a team needs a spark to get the fire going.

Callapso has never been a spark. Callapso has always been the epitome of a "going through the motions" type player.

Torii, last season, called the team out for going through the motions.

Let's hope Dipoto and Scioscia don't put out the flame that Lucho has been fanning since he has been here.

@ deep drive

Howie did what the 25 million a year men couldn't do. must take a lot to meet your high standards. Your wife/girlfriend must be a looker AND a Nobel prize winner.

Albert has come through a lot more than Howie this year.

Nobody's going to come through even half the time. It's about the averages.

Like the next time we're down by one in the 7th,8th, 9th 10th... with a couple guys on and he strikes out or rolls over into a DP.

That's ok. The points just as valid now.

Uh, ya it is. 

It's going to take more than a tie game, one out , nobody on at bat to change my take on this guy.

Sorry but- clutch hit, low stress AB does not make this guy a clutch hitter.

Same game but a man on second or two outs and a guy on third and I bet this guy doesn't come through.

Yeah...  its going to take more than one game..     Nevermind that he is arguably the second best 2B in club history or that his career numbers in HIGH LEVERAGE situations is higher than his career averages overall.  http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=kendrho01&year=Career&t=b#lever,  If anything, it can be argued he's falling off the clutch/high leverage boat in recent years from where he was through 2010 or so.

It's okay.   You can just come out and say you don't like him cause you believed he was a future batting champion.

It's going to take more than a tie game, one out , nobody on at bat to change my take on this guy.

Sorry but- clutch hit, low stress AB does not make this guy a clutch hitter.

Same game but a man on second or two outs and a guy on third and I bet this guy doesn't come through.

I agree. I'm happy for Howie and enjoyed his excitement since I was able to attend the game tonight. But I still don't see him as a clutch hitter. Don't feel that way about many of these hitters lately.

That's ok. The point's just as valid now.

Great players in baseball fail 70% of the time.  Of course your going to see people be "uncluctch" in baseball.

Awesome!  Is this a new stat I am unaware of?  Is there a device that measures "stress level" so the stats can be registered correctly?

Did you not see my post a little ways up.  I have this device you speak of and the readings on the device do not concur with deepdrive's silly assumption. 

Jerry West approves of this thread...  Awesome finish last night.  I'm happy for Howie and even happier the team won and that's all that matters.  It doesn't change my overall opinion of him as a good, but not spectacular 2B.