• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick : Most unclutch player ever?

I believe that Vernon Wells might lay a claim to that title. Even now, with him hitting well with the Yankees, his hits don't come at opportune times. I saw a home run of his on Sports Center last week - a solo shot with the Yankees up 8-3. I had to chuckle. Same old Vernon - and I seriously doubt that he hits like this all season.

To be honest it was just a fire Maddon thread, the participants made the silly comparison to Scioscia. After this weekend maybe there should be a Fire Leyland thread.

Almost as silly as the one time some guy posted a Maddon&Rays v Scioscia&Angels comparison

Angels cant win a world series with a player who is terrible at situational hitting and folds under pressure like kendrick.

If we wanna win, we gotta trade kendrick and put callaspo at 2nd,  kendrick is just not a championship caliber player...he belongs on a team of losers like the astros.

f7ap75l.gif

Lol perfect

He can't lay off anything low and away.  Never gonna be anything more than average because of it.

PS Back up off my handle son.  I own the Quinlan rhyming.

Yeah, its pretty maddening. Especially when you consider how good of a hitter he is. He can put the barrel of the bat on some tough pitches. 

Just can't not swing at that low and away breaking ball. I will say Hamilton is worse, though.

He has his bad moments and that is what most remember. There were also two batters in front of him that did not deliver.

Howie is a good 2nd baseman and that is fine. You cannot have an all-star at every position.

signed.

QuinlansMiddling

He has his bad moments and that is what most remember. There were also two batters in front of him that did not deliver.

Howie is a good 2nd baseman and that is fine. You cannot have an all-star at every position.

signed.

QuinlansMiddling

Agree...he is just your average 2nd baseman in the Bigs...problem is all those expectations that he would be a batting champion someday. As for Callaspo, I'd rather keep Lucho at third, but Mike won't ever do this.

Not that I'm comparing the two, because Erstad was a much better all around player, but the only thing that kept Erstad from becoming a truly great player was he couldn't lay off that low inside slider from righties. The only year he was able to do it was 2000 and the results were obvious.