• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick : Most unclutch player ever?

Anyone else cringe when he leaped into the air before jumping on home plate?

Yes!

Also, this argument about clutchness is hilarious.  Dude came through with a walk off HR.  Stress, clutch etc all off the charts last night.

Pujols and Kendrick are both hitting .353 with RISP situations. In high leverage situations Pujols has a .708 OPS, Kendrick has a .844 OPS.

Albert has come through a lot more than Howie this year.

Nobody's going to come through even half the time. It's about the averages.

Pujols and Kendrick are both hitting .353 with RISP situations. In high leverage situations Pujols has a .708 OPS, Kendrick has a .844 OPS.

But what about clutch situations?

Also stress situations where stress is over 70.

I have a feeling that deepdrive will have constant excuses for clowning Kendrick when he comes through in the clutch

Next time his excuse will be "it was against the Astros." or "It was against a career AAA reliever."

I'm sure it will always be something.

It's going to take more than a tie game, one out , nobody on at bat to change my take on this guy.

Sorry but- clutch hit, low stress AB does not make this guy a clutch hitter.

Same game but a man on second or two outs and a guy on third and I bet this guy doesn't come through.

Exactly, if it was bases loaded 2 outs in extra innings, i guarantee he strikes out.

Why you ask?  Because the rangers wont throw anything near the plate in that situation and Howie will end up hacking at everything and get himself out like he always does in pressure spots.

What do their careers have to do with this season? All the griping about previous seasons is meaningless when the team reaps the performance of this seaosn. We can only go to this post season on what the team does now, not a culmination of previous years stats. 

Anecdotal evidence is popular with this crowd.

What about their careers?

Bases loaded with 2 outs in 40 plate apearences Kendrick has struck out only 9 times.  I will leave it to you to search his entire career to find that extra innings game.

And one more time for the trolling impaired.

Kendrick in High Leverage at bats for his career .301/.342/.424/.767 almost identical numbers to his career batting averages.

Exactly, if it was bases loaded 2 outs in extra innings, i guarantee he strikes out.

Why you ask?  Because the rangers wont throw anything near the plate in that situation and Howie will end up hacking at everything and get himself out like he always does in pressure spots.