• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where does Trouts catch rank?

happybat4

Definitely Trout's best IMO. I wish sports science would do a piece on this catch. Just mathematically, that ball had to be the farthest over the fence catch in the history of baseball. Talking about how high and far it was from the fence. Just unbelievable.

Still think Edmonds is the greatest catch by an Angel. And to me, is in the top 3 of all time greatest catches.

Trout's catch was definitely the most spectacular because of how calculated it was–he tracked the ball, jumped the fence, and effortlessly grabbed it. I gotta tip my cap to how well he timed everything.

Diving catches, while impressive, are mostly impulsive acts.

The most spectacular, in importance and in athletic prowess (of that day, at least) was Cuban born Brooklyn Dodger Sandy Amoros amazing catch in the 1955 WS..

It happened in the bottom of the sixth inning in Game 7 at Yankee Stadium on Oct. 4, 1955, as the Dodgers, who had come back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the Series at three games each, tried once again to do something they had failed to do five times since 1941: beat the Yankees in the World Series.

With the Dodgers clinging to a 2-0 lead, Amoros was sent in to play left field. Then, with runners on first and second and none out, the Yankee catcher, Yogi Berra, sliced a drive down the left-field line that seemed destined to score the tying runs, especially since Amoros had played the pull-hitting Berra toward left-center field.

But Amoros, hailed as the fastest man in the majors when he joined the Dodgers in 1952, streaked across the outfield, and the left-handed fielder snagged the ball on the run, his right arm fully extended. Then he whipped the ball to the shortstop, Pee Wee Reese, who relayed it to Gil Hodges, doubling Gil McDougald off first.

There were three more innings in the game, but the Yankee fire had been banked.