• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

45 minutes ago, Taylor said:

At the same time, the rates for burglaries, drug offenses and many other types of crime are down in many cities across the country.

i think this is true because it seems a lot of police departments have stopped arresting and prosecuting these as crimes. the rioting of 2020 and the ensuing change of arresting people then giving them a summons to appear instead of holding them for bail certainly has had an effect on the stats being kept.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think this is true because it seems a lot of police departments have stopped arresting and prosecuting these as crimes. the rioting of 2020 and the ensuing change of arresting people then giving them a summons to appear instead of holding them for bail certainly has had an effect on the stats being kept.

I know TORS commented before it was basically pointless for him to arrest a transient getting high because they're out the next day and he has to do an inventory of all of their belongings.  I know when I go to the local Home Depot they have plain clothes workers who try to stop the people who walk in, put something in a plastic bag they have with them and walk out.  I saw this happen twice over about a minute some months back when I was going through the self check out line where the people handed the bag over and just walked out.  The guy I saw them catch doing this acted like he was somehow put out or wronged by getting caught.  Anything under $950.00 doesn't even get the cops out based on current laws.  If cities aren't going to prosecute like Gascon said LA wouldn't almost 9 months ago for certain crimes then rates for those crimes are going to drop. 

What's funny is violent crime is still down significantly from the late 80's and early 90's. The societal unrest of the anti police movement, Covid-19 and relaxed enforcement of laws is to blame for the spike. Once the cops go back to locking up thugs the numbers will go back down. 

10 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I know TORS commented before it was basically pointless for him to arrest a transient getting high because they're out the next day and he has to do an inventory of all of their belongings.  I know when I go to the local Home Depot they have plain clothes workers who try to stop the people who walk in, put something in a plastic bag they have with them and walk out.  I saw this happen twice over about a minute some months back when I was going through the self check out line where the people handed the bag over and just walked out.  The guy I saw them catch doing this acted like he was somehow put out or wronged by getting caught.  Anything under $950.00 doesn't even get the cops out based on current laws.  If cities aren't going to prosecute like Gascon said LA wouldn't almost 9 months ago for certain crimes then rates for those crimes are going to drop. 

look no further than SF for how this policy has caused a disaster.

51 minutes ago, Tank said:

my wife's cousin lives in portland. he told us they no longer go anywhere near downtown since all of this started.

Hmm...I'll take their words for it (and Larry's family). Maybe if you live nearby and have kids, there's no reason to risk going to the city.

Portland has plenty of things to do outside of downtown anyway. I doubt there's an antifa presence at the Oregon Zoo or Rose Test Garden.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

“Was” is the key word.  No joke it’s a war zone downtown now.  It’s sad, I’ve spent a lot of time in that city and to see it destroyed sucks.

For kicks, I just looked up several of the downtown places we visited in 2019 on Yelp, then sorted reviews by recent. All are still receiving reviews up to today. And they're normal reviews. No mention of Portland being a warzone.

I'm sure there are bad areas, especially at night.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

The problem with Portland is squarely on the mayor and the governor.  And your problem is you lack the ability to be critical of anything on the political left.  You’re the gay version of redondo or Larry or FS or MAGA or basically all of them except for St1ck and tdawg.

I criticize the right for their spending. 

54 minutes ago, cals said:

I knew you’d try to dispute this.  You’re so fucking predictable.  You know what Taylor, how about you take a road trip to Portland and then report back what you discovered? (Besides Pea Soup Anderson’s).

Too expensive. Why don't you offer some evidence?

57 minutes ago, cals said:

The problem with Portland is squarely on the mayor and the governor.  And your problem is you lack the ability to be critical of anything on the political left.  You’re the gay version of redondo or Larry or FS or MAGA or basically all of them except for St1ck and tdawg.

That's not a very nice thing to say to Jason.