• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

Solar panels not as green as you think as battle looms on ‘massive’ panel tariffs

Solar panels aren’t as environmentally friendly as you may think. And now an industry group is saying looming tariffs will cripple the industry.

The bulk of solar panels are imported into the U.S., making them cheaper but not necessarily green. 

The problem is how the panels are made. 

"Most of [the panels] are produced with energy from carbon-dioxide-belching, coal-burning plants in China," a Wall Street Journal report said in July.

"Solar panels in China are made using Chinese electricity, which is associated with high emissions of CO2," Robbie Andrew, a senior researcher at the Center for International Climate Research in Oslo, Norway, told FOX Business.

But now a group is claiming China-made panels are coming via countries like Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand in order to skirt tariffs.

In August, the American Solar Manufacturers Against Chinese Circumvention (A-SMACC) asked the Commerce Department to investigate "unfairly traded" imports from Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam of solar cells and modules that are "unlawfully circumventing antidumping and countervailing duties on China."

"While Chinese companies now almost exclusively export to the United States from Southeast Asia, the vast majority of manufacturing, research and development, and capital investment remain in China," according to the A-SMACC.

"I am not sure if Malaysia and Vietnam have that much production capacity, so some might be ‘rerouted’ from other countries due to the duties and bans," Fengqi You, a professor at Cornell’s Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, told FOX Business.

32 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

An electric car ! Or what about an even more hellish scenario.  Efficient mass transit !

haha what do you think is going to happen if you drive an electric car ? 

I should have said look forward to driving an electric car

I have driven a Prius a few times and they are good cars

I was surprised with the power

Electric cars look really nice with the Tesla's I see, but the charging issue on long trips needs to be corrected before they make us all have them

I don't have a problem with solar power as we have a lot of here where I live also

If they could find a cleaner way to make them it would help. Right now it's not as efficient as it could be

Edited by Redondo

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Solar panels not as green as you think as battle looms on ‘massive’ panel tariffs

Solar panels aren’t as environmentally friendly as you may think. And now an industry group is saying looming tariffs will cripple the industry.

The bulk of solar panels are imported into the U.S., making them cheaper but not necessarily green. 

The problem is how the panels are made. 

"Most of [the panels] are produced with energy from carbon-dioxide-belching, coal-burning plants in China," a Wall Street Journal report said in July.

"Solar panels in China are made using Chinese electricity, which is associated with high emissions of CO2," Robbie Andrew, a senior researcher at the Center for International Climate Research in Oslo, Norway, told FOX Business.

But now a group is claiming China-made panels are coming via countries like Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand in order to skirt tariffs.

In August, the American Solar Manufacturers Against Chinese Circumvention (A-SMACC) asked the Commerce Department to investigate "unfairly traded" imports from Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam of solar cells and modules that are "unlawfully circumventing antidumping and countervailing duties on China."

"While Chinese companies now almost exclusively export to the United States from Southeast Asia, the vast majority of manufacturing, research and development, and capital investment remain in China," according to the A-SMACC.

"I am not sure if Malaysia and Vietnam have that much production capacity, so some might be ‘rerouted’ from other countries due to the duties and bans," Fengqi You, a professor at Cornell’s Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, told FOX Business.

Looking forward to the green new dealers lecturing Americans about this while saying nothing about the Chinese. 

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Just south of Las Vegas they are installing solar panels by the thousands

Miles of them

Hopefully they can bring clean electric

But at what price?

Will the electric they can produce offset the pollution used to make them?

Everything will take some kind of pollution to manufacture.

My big question for solar panels is what happens when the sun goes down.  Do you go retard like Calolfornia and tell people not to use or limit usage during the peak residential time of 4 pm to 9 pm hour like some third world country?    All the while the peace love dope group thinks this is normal and justified behavior?  

Do you say, hey use batteries.  Which use even worse heavy metal materials, has a limited shelf span, and no real way to dump it.  (see Exide battery in Lol Angeles)

Or do you just fire up the polluting generators, which pollute more when you start them up cold.  

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Everything will take some kind of pollution to manufacture.

My big question for solar panels is what happens when the sun goes down.  Do you go retard like Calolfornia and tell people not to use or limit usage during the peak residential time of 4 pm to 9 pm hour like some third world country?    All the while the peace love dope group thinks this is normal and justified behavior?  

Do you say, hey use batteries.  Which use even worse heavy metal materials, has a limited shelf span, and no real way to dump it.  (see Exide battery in Lol Angeles)

Or do you just fire up the polluting generators, which pollute more when you start them up cold.  

Hey tell us about the how the grids are holding up all over the country now.  Perfect right ? 

Somehow, even after cataclysmic events like the ice age, the earth replenished itself with wildlife and flora. If mankind exterminates itself by creating a cataclysmic global warming crisis the earth would later reset to its natural climate and 20 billion years from now a smarter monkey will decide to piss standing up and create tools, weapons, fire and a couple million years after that dig around and find fossils of another primitive culture but never learn a damn thing from studying bones and repeat the same foolishness. 

7ef48ea407c3615fe7070bdaa8dd8be4.gif

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Somehow, even after cataclysmic events like the ice age, the earth replenished itself with wildlife and flora. If mankind exterminates itself by creating a cataclysmic global warming crisis the earth would later reset to its natural climate and 20 billion years from now a smarter monkey will decide to piss standing up and create tools, weapons, fire and a couple million years after that dig around and find fossils of another primitive culture but never learn a damn thing from studying bones and repeat the same foolishness. 

7ef48ea407c3615fe7070bdaa8dd8be4.gif

Your generation, Gen X, and my generation, which had the chance to turn things around but denied science, will be long gone before my daughter's generation faces the worst consequences of previous generations' inaction. 

Yet we continue to balk at any constructive ideas for saving the Earth from another extinction event. It's very sad.

My daughter is part of what they call Gen Alpha. I was telling my wife that perhaps the name Alpha will hold more significance than just the fact that the sociologists ran out of letters. Perhaps she and her peers will discover the technology necessary to restore our planet.