• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

Just now, Lhalo said:

Well I guess when one theory shits the bed you can just get more vague and blame every weather incident on ketchup packets.

Yes I remember when we had to stop using paper bags and went to plastic. Now  they prefer the reusable bag from home that the dog likely pissed on after wiping his ass on it. 

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Speaking of the ketchup packets thing, I can't remember the last time a fast food place gave me any condiments without me asking for them. So I actually think restaurants will like the new law because it will save them money.

I’m N Out asked me if I want ketchup every time. Deal Taco and Chic Fil A ask me if I want sauce as well. Those are the only fast food restaurants I go to though some I’m not sure what others do. 

Edited by Lhalo

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m N Out asked me if I want ketchup every time. Deal Taco and Chic Fil A ask me if I want sauce as well. Those are the only fast food restaurants I go to though some I’m not sure what others do. 

True, they will ask. Does the new law prevent them from offering it? I thought it just prevents them from putting sauce in the bag automatically.

45 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Speaking of the ketchup packets thing, I can't remember the last time a fast food place gave me any condiments without me asking for them. So I actually think restaurants will like the new law because it will save them money.

What I hate is when you say yes to I want hot sauce, they ask how many.  Like I know exactly how many I'll need, just give me a damn handful.  

31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

True, they will ask. Does the new law prevent them from offering it? I thought it just prevents them from putting sauce in the bag automatically.

The new proposed law 

Starting Next Year, California Is Banning This From Restaurant Orders

From June 1, the new Assembly Bill No. 1276 will prohibit servers to include "single-use foodware accessories and standard condiments," aka sweetener and condiment packets and disposable utensils in a customer's order, unless those items are specifically asked for.

48 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Kinda like KC who gives you a like for this, lol.  You guys are so easy. 

except you're wrong.

you're stereotyping an entire group by the loudest supporters of that cause, and you're just plain wrong.

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What I hate is when you say yes to I want hot sauce, they ask how many.  Like I know exactly how many I'll need, just give me a damn handful.  

Funny, usually when I say I want ketchup, they give me like two packets. So I have to clarify that I need more.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

except you're wrong.

you're stereotyping an entire group by the loudest supporters of that cause, and you're just plain wrong.

I do know some Christian Trump supporters who see him as some kind of God-sent champion of Christian values. But I know plenty more who voted for him not because they like him but because they saw him as the lesser or two evils.

Remember when the politicians said people getting unemployment were doing it because they were getting paid more in unemployment than to work?

PERSONAL FINANCE

September jobs report hints at unemployment benefits’ muted role in pandemic labor market

• The data offers the latest evidence that pandemic-era benefits didn’t play a major role in disrupting the labor market, according to labor economists.

And in the no shit stupid economists moment.

“All the evidence points toward pandemic [unemployment benefits] not being the main factor,” according to Nick Bunker, economic research director for North America at the Indeed Hiring Lab. “The best estimate right now is that it’s the pandemic itself.”

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Technically, you should have written it like this:

I usually respond with, "A handful."

Pedant alert!

Sorry but you have an erroneous full-stop (period) there @Taylor. The sentence requires another full-stop at the end, outside of the quotation marks, or, simply move the full-stop within the quotation marks to the end of the sentence. It all depends on whether the quoted phrase should have a full-stop or not. 

(If a sentence begins and ends within parentheses or quotation marks and all of the sentence is within, only then does the full-stop stay within.) 

2 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Pedant alert!

Sorry but you have an erroneous full-stop (period) there @Taylor. The sentence requires another full-stop at the end, outside of the quotation marks, or, simply move the full-stop within the quotation marks to the end of the sentence. It all depends on whether the quoted phrase should have a full-stop or not. 

(If a sentence begins and ends within parentheses or quotation marks and all of the sentence is within, only then does the full-stop stay within.) 

You British think you're special with your Oxford commas. Humph.

30 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Pedant alert!

That might be true in UK English, but not in American English — at least not according to AP Style or the Chicago Manual of Style.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That might be true in UK English, but not in American English — at least not according to AP Style or the Chicago Manual of Style.

Your original phrasing leaves it unclear to the reader whether the correct quote should be "A handful." including the period, or alternatively "A handful", without it. I really can't see that passing AP content standards.