• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

2 hours ago, cals said:

I could tell the story without disclosing the ethnic background of the players but the Fox News guy here would enjoy the story less.  And everyone would probably assume they were black and that’s not fair to black people so maybe I’m being progressive.

Hmmm....

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

When the Hispanic bitch at Carl's Junior gives @cals a root beer instead of Dr. Pepper:

went to an el pollo loco and asked if they had root beer. the drive thru guy said yes so we ordered it. drove away with our order only to find that their root beer was raspberry ice tea. idiots.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

went to an el pollo loco and asked if they had root beer. the drive thru guy said yes so we ordered it. drove away with our order only to find that their root beer was raspberry ice tea. idiots.

You deserve that for going to EPL. 

3 hours ago, cals said:

I had the Vietnamese mail carrier do the “leave the slip” thing before.  He knocked and I got to the door in like 15 seconds and he was gone and there was the slip.  I chased him down and berated him and got my package.

Another time we went on vacation and our carrier (another asian) claimed the mail didn’t fit into our slot so we had to go pick up like a weeks worth of mail at the post office.  It was bullshit.  When I saw the carrier again I told him to stop being fucking lazy and do his fucking job.  An hour later the supervisor shows up at my house threatening me that harassing a mail carrier was a federal offense.  I told the bitch I was a lawyer and her schtick that might work with Joe Public didn’t scare me and she was responsible for the laziness of her carrier and thank you for identifying herself if I needed to escalate the issue.  She promptly left and we haven’t had any mail delivery issues since.

I’m not going to tell you the race of my mail carrier 

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

How many cities actually defunded the police? Minneapolis? Any others? 

These US cities defunded police: 'We're transferring money to ...

More than 20 major cities have reduced their police budgets in some form, an unprecedented trend, though the scale and circumstances vary dramatically.Mar 7, 2021

But for cities that did intentionally pass cuts, some of the changes were significant. Portland, Oregon, cut $15m from its budget and disbanded a gun violence reduction unit and transit team that had both long been accused of over-policing Black communities. San Francisco officials pledged to divest $120m from police over two years with plans to invest in health programs and workforce training. Minneapolis is using police cuts to launch a mental health team to respond to certain 911 calls.

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Baltimore and a dozen other cities have all also reduced police spending. And some of these cities are now demonstrating the impacts of their new budgets.

Austin, Texas, has made some of the most dramatic changes in the country, directly cutting roughly $20m from the police department, and moving $80m from the agency by shifting certain services out of law enforcement. The city has gone from spending 40% of its $1.1bn general fund on police to now allocating about 26% to law enforcement.

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

How many cities actually defunded the police? Minneapolis? Any others? 

List of Cities Defunding the Police | Surge in Crime (secureamericanow.org)

Police are now policing differently and not removing violent pieces of shit off the streets so that is a contributing factor as well 

Edited by Jason

38 minutes ago, Redondo said:

These US cities defunded police: 'We're transferring money to ...

More than 20 major cities have reduced their police budgets in some form, an unprecedented trend, though the scale and circumstances vary dramatically.Mar 7, 2021

But for cities that did intentionally pass cuts, some of the changes were significant. Portland, Oregon, cut $15m from its budget and disbanded a gun violence reduction unit and transit team that had both long been accused of over-policing Black communities. San Francisco officials pledged to divest $120m from police over two years with plans to invest in health programs and workforce training. Minneapolis is using police cuts to launch a mental health team to respond to certain 911 calls.

New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Baltimore and a dozen other cities have all also reduced police spending. And some of these cities are now demonstrating the impacts of their new budgets.

Austin, Texas, has made some of the most dramatic changes in the country, directly cutting roughly $20m from the police department, and moving $80m from the agency by shifting certain services out of law enforcement. The city has gone from spending 40% of its $1.1bn general fund on police to now allocating about 26% to law enforcement.

Thanks for this (seriously). The right-wing narrative is that reallocating money from the police will automatically lead to more crime. 

I found this article: https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-crime-spike-police-funding-20210610-graeysr24zapbkvpsbhvlfiakm-story.html?outputType=amp

The increases they cite are real, and several big cities did make cuts to police spending. But the reductions were mostly modest, and the same big increases in homicides are being seen nationwide — even in cities that increased police spending. At the same time, the rates for burglaries, drug offenses and many other types of crime are down in many cities across the country.

Conservatives talk a lot about how throwing money at something won't solve the issue. Yet when it comes to the police and military, there seems to be an opinion that the money we allocate is appropriate or not enough.

Read up on the War on Drugs and how Reagan and others created a faux panic that resulted in millions of dollars going to police forces in the 80s and 90s. 

Just now, Taylor said:

Also, have any of you visited Seattle, Portland, NYC, etc. lately? I haven't, but I have friends who have and they aren't decimated to the ground like Ian Miles Chung wants you to think. They don't feel any different than they did before 2020.

My wife's family lives outside of Portland and they don't travel there anymore because of all the antifa shit. The ironic part is they're liberal AF.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Also, have any of you visited Seattle, Portland, NYC, etc. lately? I haven't, but I have friends who have and they aren't decimated to the ground like Ian Miles Chung wants you to think. They don't feel any different than they did before 2020.

Chuck surely feels differently that he's moving out.