• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

2 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Has @Taylor whined or complained about his own life this entire conversation? You guys keep trying to make it about him when he hasn't. 

It would behoove you to read the thread before commenting. 

34 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Most of us probably gave more as a percentage of our income.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

1 minute ago, Jay said:

no he doesn't want to talk about his personal situation so he just whines on behalf of all mankind.

The only time he has mentioned it was in a completely different thread saying he can't afford a home in Orange County and guys try to make it seem like he's on welfare and begging for handouts. 

I'm sure when you were down on your luck but managed to save up two books of matches and a tin can of cream corn to buy a house in the aughts is relevant.

8 minutes ago, St1ck said:

The only time he has mentioned it was in a completely different thread saying he can't afford a home in Orange County and guys try to make it seem like he's on welfare and begging for handouts. 

I'm sure when you were down on your luck but managed to save up two books of matches and a tin can of cream corn to buy a house in the aughts is relevant.

Yeah it is relevant, loser.

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

My wife and I went through some very lean times when we were first married.

We got through it.

Not by whining, by working and trying to move up.

That’s they key these young people don’t get today. They think just because they have a job that wealth is entitled to them. They don’t embrace showing up to work ready to compete. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Should we just call him "bullpen"?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

You missed the part about how the Pharisees sat in front of the temple and did this publicly as a display of just how wealthy and important they were, making a big deal to let all of those metallic shekels clang loudly as they dropped them into the collection box. It was also money they stole from the devoted believers (the money changers in the courtyard who ripped off people in grand fashion, requiring them to convert their real money into “temple money”). A majority of their personal wealth was ill-gotten gain, and it was widely known, and that’s why Jesus rightfully criticized them to His disciples. He praised the widow because she gave from her heart.

You keep coming at this from the angle of believing that anyone with wealthy must be dirty and deceitful. It’s such a jaded view. You don’t know Musks’ heart, or Bezos, or Gates, or anyone else. There certainly are wicked people, but to assume the worst in human behavior automatically for the vast majority is where you’re cynical. You don’t know how much they donate to charity, or how much they help their workers, or how much they give back to their community. I’d bet they’re giving are far more than you think instead of acting like a real life Mr. Burns or Ebenezer Scrooge.

I believe Jesus was making a point about 1. the showiness of charity (as you pointed out) and 2. the level of sacrifice it took for the giver to give what they gave (as I pointed out). He didn't just say, "The woman gave without making a show of it." He literally commended her for giving everything she had. Don't overlook that point.

Jesus was a lot more radical than many Christians give him credit for. He totally annihilated the status quo systems that were prevalent at the time, calling to question the very things that the religious mainstream considered sacred and offering an alternative way of viewing the world. It's no wonder they tried to throw him off a cliff when he returned to Nazareth and preached about God's inclusive love for the so-called wretched Gentiles. 

The truth is, Elon Musk and others could give much, much more to humanitarian causes and still live a ridiculously lavish lifestyle that none of us would ever live in our wildest dreams. They take advantage of loopholes in the system so that they pay less in taxes than you and me. How is that right? Say what you want about how taxation is theft, but the truth is, we are accountable to paying taxes and it places a larger burden on us (the non-loophole people) when these compilers of ridiculous wealth game the system.

Adam likes to say that nobody goes into politics unless they're narcissistic, power-hungry authoritarians. I really haven't seen anyone push him back on that point. Yet many of you will fervently jump at the chance to defend the wealthiest of the wealthy. Maybe it's a generational thing. You grew up believing the notion that financial success = intelligence, talent, work ethic, what have you. And anyone who questions that notion is simply jealous of the people who have it all.

Jesus stood with the weak, the poor, the marginalized, the discriminated against, the scorned, the rejected, the alienated. He told the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and give it to the poor. There's no virtue in amassing obscene wealth.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

My wife and I went through some very lean times when we were first married.

We got through it.

Not by whining, by working and trying to move up.

Good for you. The only time I've ever "whined" about my current personal financial situation was when I lamented that we'd never be able to own a home in OC. 

You guys don't get it. I don't want your money. My family is doing just fine. It's possible to criticize billionaires without wanting their money for yourself.

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

I just Craig'd st1ckboy. Thanks for speaking up for me, buddy ol' pal.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I believe Jesus was making a point about 1. the showiness of charity (as you pointed out) and 2. the level of sacrifice it took for the giver to give what they gave (as I pointed out). He didn't just say, "The woman gave without making a show of it." He literally commended her for giving everything she had. Don't overlook that point.

Jesus was a lot more radical than many Christians give him credit for. He totally annihilated the status quo systems that were prevalent at the time, calling to question the very things that the religious mainstream considered sacred and offering an alternative way of viewing the world. It's no wonder they tried to throw him off a cliff when he returned to Nazareth and preached about God's inclusive love for the so-called wretched Gentiles. 

The truth is, Elon Musk and others could give much, much more to humanitarian causes and still live a ridiculously lavish lifestyle that none of us would ever live in our wildest dreams. They take advantage of loopholes in the system so that they pay less in taxes than you and me. How is that right? Say what you want about how taxation is theft, but the truth is, we are accountable to paying taxes and it places a larger burden on us (the non-loophole people) when these compilers of ridiculous wealth game the system.

Adam likes to say that nobody goes into politics unless they're narcissistic, power-hungry authoritarians. I really haven't seen anyone push him back on that point. Yet many of you will fervently jump at the chance to defend the wealthiest of the wealthy. Maybe it's a generational thing. You grew up believing the notion that financial success = intelligence, talent, work ethic, what have you. And anyone who questions that notion is simply jealous of the people who have it all.

Jesus stood with the weak, the poor, the marginalized, the discriminated against, the scorned, the rejected, the alienated. He told the rich young ruler to sell everything he had and give it to the poor. There's no virtue in amassing obscene wealth.

I’m nit defending the rich. They should give bad God compels then to give. The Uber rich really aren’t Christian so they may not give as God prefers. There is no instance in the Bible where Jesus directs men to steal from the rich nor is there any instance where God orders them to pay additional taxes. If they aren’t breaking the law with their tax payments they aren’t outside of the Biblical commands on taxes. I guess they gray area is wether or not it’s Christian to vote for politicians solely on the premise of wealth redistribution. Contrary to your beliefs government isn’t doing the Lords work with our tax Dollars.  

Pretty much 99% of this forum are complete assholes who use ad hominem in every fucking thread.

And yes, that includes myself.

I, like Taylor, don't want your fucking money. But I get called fat and poor indirectly quite often. It's true, but does that mean I can't have a discussion about taxes and billionaires? 

Calling Taylor poor and shit is fucking stupid. Stop being a c*nt.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Good for you. The only time I've ever "whined" about my current personal financial situation was when I lamented that we'd never be able to own a home in OC. 

You guys don't get it. I don't want your money. My family is doing just fine. It's possible to criticize billionaires without wanting their money for yourself.

I got a few million to draw on and I can't afford OC, not without throwing a chunk onto the bonfire and watching it burn.  Don't know what is wrong with saying you can't afford an overpriced market.

And who are these rich friends haloL hangs with?  I want to meet them.  The guy I know and been on his yacht and to one of his lake houses comes right out and tells you I wont tell you what stocks I buy, who I know with connections if you need any networking, nothing.  I don't blame him, his business but he is a cheap fucker. He purposefully brings something to put in his food when he is near done to call the waiter over and get it for free.  I learned that tip hanging out with rich people. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I, like Taylor, don't want your fucking money. But I get called fat and poor indirectly quite often. It's true, but does that mean I can't have a discussion about taxes and billionaires? 

1.  Nobody is offering to give you their money.

2. You call yourself fat and poor. I don't like it when you do and have expressed that to you. 

3.  I agree with you about calling Taylor poor. It's stupid, but more importantly, it's not even funny. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Pretty much 99% of this forum are complete assholes who use ad hominem in every fucking thread.

And yes, that includes myself.

Am I in the 1%?